- Powerful bass, lightweight and stylish design, comfortable during long listening sessions
- Muddy mid-range, overwhelming bass at times, lack of crispness
Audiophiles won't be impressed, but if you're after a solid upgrade to your regular iPod headphones, then the GrooveAtomic is an ideal, low-cost choice.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
Claiming to "bring energy and power to every track on your playlist", Cygnett's GrooveAtomic ear buds are a compact, stylish and lightweight set of headphones. Although they provide powerful and deep bass, this comes at the cost of clarity and crispness.
Cygnett claims the GrooveAtomic features "powerful bass" and we are inclined to agree. Even without any equaliser settings, bass was loud, forceful and punchy. Although this may appeal to those who like their music bass-heavy, the rest of you will be left with a pair of headphones that struggles in most other areas. In particular, the mid-range is quite muddy, especially if the track happens to be bass heavy. We also found that the general tones produced aren't as crisp or clear as we would have hoped.
That being said, if you are after an improvement on sound quality of stock headphones, then the GrooveAtomic is a decent option. At such a low price, it is a solid choice if you are after a slight upgrade in sound quality to your pre-packaged headphones, such as the ones Apple includes with iPods and iPhones. Conveniently, the GrooveAtomic has been designed so it fits the recessed headphone jack of the iPhone.
The design is quite appealing — in addition to being compact and lightweight, the ear buds are well designed and comfortable to wear for long periods of listening. Cygnett includes two different sized ear buds in the sales package, so there should be one to suit most ears.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW