- lasted 6 years
- heat has been the issue
- • • •
Been reliable enough for me.
Buying another new one on ebay. (I hope)
- Great performance
- Irritating menu system, No on/off switch
Overall, this is a solid unit for a home network and it achieved some of the best throughput results in our tests.
Price$ 179.95 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
- DSL-15MF ADSL2+ Micro Filter/Splitter 19.00
The D-Link DSL-G604T achieved the highest throughput of all the modems we tested. However it took us a while to get the hang of this modem's interface, which uses side and top buttons to take you to the different sections of configurable features.
In the configuration pages you can enable the firewall, which has DoS protection as well as protection against port scanning. You can also specifically filter incoming and outgoing traffic, depending on the IP address.
One thing that is a little annoying is the lack of an on/off switch, which would come in handy at times when cutting the power is the only way to reset the modem. In saying that, we didn't experience any crashes with this modem while using the Internet and transferring data to multiple PCs on our network simultaneously.
However, we do wish all the settings for implementing the wireless connection and wireless security were in one place in the interface.
It's a relatively inexpensive modem, and can be used to serve a wireless network through its built-in 802.11b/g module.
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft faces anti-monopoly probe in China over Windows, Office
- Privacy groups call for action to stop Facebook's off site user tracking plans
- Huawei's smartphones shipments rise on international sales
- Rhapsody reaches 2M subscribers, bets on new unRadio service
- Using Instagram on public Wi-Fi poses risk of an account hijack, researcher says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.