Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD monitor
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H is an impressive monitor for image-intensive work such as graphics editing
- Excellent image quality, attractive design, good build quality
- Slightly darker towards edge of screen, minor backlight bleeding on top and bottom edges, no HDMI
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD monitor possesses good image quality, an attractive design and an appealing asking price.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H is a 22in LCD monitor that boasts sharp image quality, an attractive bezel and an asking price that represents excellent value. With a full range of ports and connections, as well as a design that enables tilting, swivelling and height adjustment, the UltraSharp U2211H is an impressive pick for image-intensive work such as graphics editing, though the lack of an HDMI port is disappointing.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD Monitor borrows many design elements from larger models in the range, such as the excellent UltraSharp U2410. The U2211H has a similar matte black design, with a straightforward rectangular base and sharp edges. The overall look is stylish yet professional, and the monitor feels sturdily built to boot.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H's on-screen display is accessed via straightforward controls right of the bezel. The buttons are easy to press and fairly responsive, while the menu system is well designed and easy to use.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H's stand is one of its most impressive features. In addition to offering the regular tilt option, the stand is height adjustable and the monitor can rotate 90 degrees. Impressively, you can also swivel the display on the base. You'll need to slightly tilt it first in order to fully rotate the screen, but the process is straightforward. A square hole at the back of the U2211H's frame allows you to neatly manage your cables.
The screen has a matte finish, so it doesn't reflect any light and is ideal for office use. The display is set deep into the bezel though, so the edges of the screen often reflect onto the bezel even though the bezel itself doesn't have a glossy finish. This is only a minor issue.
On the rear of the Dell UltraSharp U2211H you'll find DVI, VGA and DisplayPort inputs, along with two USB ports and an audio jack. Dell also includes a further two USB ports on the left side of the monitor (you will need to attach one of the rear ports to a computer in order to the other ports). Unfortunately, the U2211H lacks an HDMI port.
The Dell Ultrasharp U2211H LCD monitor has a 1920x1200 resolution, and the screen's IPS technology means it has a near-perfect 178 degree viewing angle. It also has a 8ms response time — a little slower than many mid-range TN panels, but on a monitor that hasn't been designed for gaming this isn't a huge issue. In our tests, the U2211H ran video content and games without any ghosting or blurring.
The monitor performed excellently in our DisplayMate tests; brightness, black levels and colour reproduction were highlights. The Dell UltraSharp U2211H also displayed most gradient tests clearly, and its sharpness was extremely impressive. Our only real issues with the U2211H are the fact that it looks slightly darker towards the edge of the screens and we some slight backlight bleeding we experienced at the top and bottom edges of the display.
Become a fan of PC World Australia on Facebook
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony returns to profit, cuts full-year loss forecast
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTPython DeveloperNSW
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectSA
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- CCAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW