Dell Vostro 460 business PC (preview)
Dell's newest business PC uses the latest Intel Core i5 and i7 processors
- New Intel Sandy Bridge processors have plenty of power, Blu-ray drive, plenty of customisation options
- Processor and hard drive customisation is expensive
Dell's Vostro 460 business PC brings the latest suite of Intel technology to businesses in the form of the Sandy Bridge processing architecture. We're looking forward to putting it through its paces.
Price$ 1,299.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
Dell's Vostro 460 is the first small business desktop PC to use the latest Intel 'Sandy Bridge' quad-core Core i5 and Core i7 processors, according to the company. This should mean that this desktop PC has more than enough power to handle business multitasking.
It's possible to spec the Dell Vostro 460 with one of two different Intel Core i5 processors, or with a quad-core Intel Core i7 processor. Up to 16GB of RAM can be included in the build, as well as up to 2.5TB of storage spread over two hard drives. It's also possible to specify a Blu-ray disc drive, two monitors and a range of ATI or NVIDIA graphics cards.
The cheapest specification of the Dell Vostro 460 business desktop PC is $1299, and the top-spec Intel Core i7 machine with 8GB of RAM and a 1TB HDD is $1699. These prices aren't too far off what competitors were charging for Core i5 workstations at the end of 2010, so we're keen what kind of performance the Dell Vostro 460 delivers.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony returns to profit, cuts full-year loss forecast
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC