- Great coverage
- Nothing of note
An invaluable tool for big companies that need an increased layer of security.
Price$ 32.40 (AUD)
Most of us are using firewall, antivirus and spyware protection, so it would be fair to assume you are safe from externally-based information crimes. However, the increased use of portable storage devices means the threat to company data from the inside is growing. While the perimeters of a corporate network can be locked down, portable storage devices can still be used for corporate espionage. Threats include data theft, the introduction of viruses and malware, and the transfer of copyrighted media.
DeviceWall software addresses these threats by blocking selected devices instead of ports - allowing full, legitimate business functionality of specific devices.
The software includes an analysis graph which shows how data is being used and highlights potential abuses. An invaluable auditing tool also allows administrators to view potential threats by monitoring how devices are used throughout an organisation before deploying policies to client workstations. Authorisation rights can be managed effectively on an individual user basis for all classes of portable media devices. Administrators can have a universal policy applied at the touch of a button to any level user on the network.
The program can be deployed efficiently from a central administration server via a simple Windows security-style GUI interface. In circumstances where device access needs to be granted outside of policy restrictions, an access code can be deployed from the central server. This allows for temporary access when not connected to the corporate network, but the transgression is still added to the audit log for tracking.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCLAN ConsultantWA