3D Invigorator for Photoshop
3D Invigorator for Photoshop is a version of Zaxwerks’ 3D Invigorator line of plug-ins for After Effects
- Powerful 3D text and vector-extrusion tools that are easy for Photoshop users to learn, great-looking output.
- Crashes more than it should, no scroll-wheel support.
3D Invigorator really is a 3D tool for digital artists and illustrators who’ve never looked beyond Photoshop’s layers for compositing due to 3D’s complexity and painful initial curve, as it’s powerful and accessible and is capable of producing great results.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Next comes the application of materials. The easiest way to do this is to apply a Material Swatch, which coats your text or shape in combinations of colour and texture. You use the Material Palette to apply different materials to the front, back and sides of each element, while the Profile Viewer palette enables you to further - for example to allow you to put different materials on the top and bottom halves of some text.
The Object Style Swatch palette offers combinations of different materials for text objects, and while there’s a tendency towards The Day Today-style ubergraphics, there’s a huge number of options for modifying them in the Material Editor palette.
The Light Editor is simple and easy to use too, with preset panels for individual lights and groups. 3D Invigorator supports up to six lights, plus an ambient light. Positioning your lights is as simple as dragging a light around a globe and there are advanced controls over shadow softness. You can also drag the light around on your scene using the Light tool. Next to the Light tool is the camera tool, which is a bit redundant for static artwork creation but provides a quick way to rotate around multiple elements.
We were impressed by the quality of this plug-ins rendering – it’s not photorealistic, but it’s more than enough for most illustration projects and it can mimic a number of different lens types from Fisheye (12mm) to Wildlife (1,000mm). Other features we liked included the plug-in’s ability to work as a Smart Filter, so you can go back and modify your scene if you like – and to work within areas you’ve selected in Photoshop, including complex shapes.
We discovered a few niggles though. Due to a restriction within Photoshop, you can only see the layer the filter is applied to below your elements in the plug-ins interface. You can’t use your scroll wheel within panel, which slows down selecting materials and presets. We also saw more than a few crashes in more complex scenes.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Pwn2Own hacking contest ends with two virtual machine escapes
- It's time to turn on HTTPS: the benefits are well worth the effort
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
- Windows Vista has just 30 days to live
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- FTIT Security Team LeadNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- CCCommunications Network EngineerWA
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBillings Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior System/Network EngineerACT
- CCMigration EngineerACT
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT