3D Invigorator for Photoshop
3D Invigorator for Photoshop is a version of Zaxwerks’ 3D Invigorator line of plug-ins for After Effects
- Powerful 3D text and vector-extrusion tools that are easy for Photoshop users to learn, great-looking output.
- Crashes more than it should, no scroll-wheel support.
3D Invigorator really is a 3D tool for digital artists and illustrators who’ve never looked beyond Photoshop’s layers for compositing due to 3D’s complexity and painful initial curve, as it’s powerful and accessible and is capable of producing great results.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Next comes the application of materials. The easiest way to do this is to apply a Material Swatch, which coats your text or shape in combinations of colour and texture. You use the Material Palette to apply different materials to the front, back and sides of each element, while the Profile Viewer palette enables you to further - for example to allow you to put different materials on the top and bottom halves of some text.
The Object Style Swatch palette offers combinations of different materials for text objects, and while there’s a tendency towards The Day Today-style ubergraphics, there’s a huge number of options for modifying them in the Material Editor palette.
The Light Editor is simple and easy to use too, with preset panels for individual lights and groups. 3D Invigorator supports up to six lights, plus an ambient light. Positioning your lights is as simple as dragging a light around a globe and there are advanced controls over shadow softness. You can also drag the light around on your scene using the Light tool. Next to the Light tool is the camera tool, which is a bit redundant for static artwork creation but provides a quick way to rotate around multiple elements.
We were impressed by the quality of this plug-ins rendering – it’s not photorealistic, but it’s more than enough for most illustration projects and it can mimic a number of different lens types from Fisheye (12mm) to Wildlife (1,000mm). Other features we liked included the plug-in’s ability to work as a Smart Filter, so you can go back and modify your scene if you like – and to work within areas you’ve selected in Photoshop, including complex shapes.
We discovered a few niggles though. Due to a restriction within Photoshop, you can only see the layer the filter is applied to below your elements in the plug-ins interface. You can’t use your scroll wheel within panel, which slows down selecting materials and presets. We also saw more than a few crashes in more complex scenes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- HTC ships Desire 510 with 64-bit processor, but isn't sure users can take advantage of it
- Widespread Time Warner Cable disruption affects Internet service subscribers
- Gartner: After slump, server sales rise again in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Dropbox offers 1TB Pro plan for $9.99
- Salesforce renames and revamps Communities service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW