would like toonit but feel its to pricy for me. some day soon i will have it.
Digital Anarchy ToonIt Photo
Digital Anarchy’s ToonIt Photo replicates a hand-drawn, comic style.
- Excellent cartoon- and graphic novel-style output; lots of flexibility to styles
- Slow; many redundant options
Digital Anarchy’s ToonIt Photo replicates a hand-drawn style well, especially comic style techniques, although it is slow, with changes taking a few seconds to render. However, it runs as a Smart Filter and in every colour space Photoshop supports - even 32-bit.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
NOTE: Pricing for this product is in U.S. Currency
Like Akvis’ Sketch 8.5, Digital Anarchy’s ToonIt Photo replicates a hand-drawn style well that almost all plug-ins do very badly indeed. In ToonIt’s case, it’s comics — covering techniques from black-and-white outlined cartoons to full graphic novel-style art.
After applying the plug-in, you choose the type of shading and colour flattening you want to use in the Style Creator panel. There are 12 options here; the key ones are Flat Shaded or Flat Detailed. The others range from the mediocre, such as Crackle, to the pointless (Goth).
Each of the styles has a series of options for how it’s applied, with Flat Shaded offering Flatness, Simplicity and Strength to change how flat your colours are and how much detail from your original image is preserved.
To the left of the Style Creator is the Effects Palette, which gives six tabbed sets of controls: Blur/Color, Halftone, Stipple, Shadow, Outline, and Marker Outlines. The most useful controls here are the blurs, which work before the cartoon effect is applied for flatter tonal areas; the duotones for lighter flat areas that contrast with the black outlines; halftones for newspaper and Roy Lichtenstein-type effects; and a choice of comic and soft outlines.
In the top right corner is a list of presets in a cramped box that gives you an idea of ToonIt’s flexibility. The useful ones range from the old colour newsprint of ‘1940’s ad’, to the detailed graphic novel styles, to the unusual ‘MacPaint drawing’. There are some duds, including Frank Miller-style black-heavy attempts that never work.
ToonIt Photo is slow, with changes taking a few seconds to render. However, it runs as a Smart Filter and in every colour space Photoshop supports — even 32-bit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- OnePlus One pre-orders go live this week
- Telstra misled customers on smartphone warranties: ACCC
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW