Domino's Pizza iPhone app
Not content with phone and Internet orders, Domino's now allows you to order pizza on your iPhone
- Well designed, good graphics, easy to use, can browse full menu including sides, tracker status, voucher redemption
- Doesn't use location services, no classic value pizzas on menu, no extra sauce or half/half options
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app has a couple of missing features, but if you regularly order pizza then this app is excellent; the missing functions will more than likely be added in future updates. This app is intuitive to use and well designed.
As ordering fast food over the phone or through a Web browser clearly isn't enough, Domino's Pizza Australia has developed and released an iPhone application that allows you to order pizza on your smartphone. Offering a distinct advantage over phone orders — the ability to browse the full menu — the Domino's Pizza iPhone app is excellently designed and well executed.
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app allows you to order pick-up or home delivery but strangely doesn't take advantage of the iPhone's location services when doing so. This means you have to manually enter your address for home delivery or the suburb for pick-up. Being able to quickly find the nearest Domino's store using GPS would have been a useful inclusion. Conveniently, frequent users can create a profile that saves address information.
You can browse most of the Domino's menu on the iPhone app, including pastas and salads, extras like garlic breads and chicken wings, drinks and deserts. Detail is excellent, and this is one of the better looking iPhone apps we've reviewed. When choosing individual pizzas the app allows the selection of sauce and crust and you can add and remove toppings as you please. Domino's also includes a "hot offers" menu — for example three pick-up pizzas for $18.00. Simply add the offer to your order and then select your pizzas.
Missing from the iPhone app menu are Domino's "Classic Value" pizzas, which include Hawaiian, Simply Cheese, beef and onion, Toni Pepperoni and margherita. Domino's claims the reason for the exclusion is the price difference between these pizzas and the rest of the range and the fact that they wanted to make the app available on the App Store as soon as possible. We expect to see these pizzas added in an update, and in the meantime you can create your own pizzas using the "designa" feature.
Once you've placed an order, the Domino's Pizza iPhone app allows you to track its progress. Unfortunately, you can only do this by leaving the app open. If you're in the middle of an order and close the app, the unfinished order remains when you open the app again.
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app doesn't currently support extra sauce or half cheese options, though you can redeem vouchers. All vouchers work except for value range vouchers, though these will be added in a future update.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- CCJunior Data ArchitectACT
- CCSenior consultant/ Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW