Doro 225ipc USB Broadband Telephone
- Ease of use and setup, slim design, sound and voice quality, works with multiple VoIP applications.
- LCD display, keypad buttons.
The DORO 225IPC offers ease of use and excellent call quality to provide a value for money VoIP package.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
The DORO 225IPC is a budget VoIP phone aimed at first time users. It offers pretty good value for money and includes 10 selectable ring tones, caller ID, a blue backlit LCD display and the ability to browse through your Skype contacts.
The phone is a slim, corded VoIP handset and comes in a variety of colours. DORO has attempted to make the phone look stylish and although it's always a matter of personal taste, we think the 225IPC looks pretty ordinary. Our review unit was finished in a matte black plastic and its well designed shape means it cups comfortably in your hand. The phone is fairly long but its slim form ensures talking for long periods doesn't pose a problem.
The 225IPC features a fairly standard arrangement of buttons - a keypad, answer and end call keys, up and down buttons and dedicated keys for contacts and clear. Our main complaint is with the keypad, as the buttons are very thin and don't feel particularly sturdy. Their rubber finish also means they require a pretty firm press to activate.
The LCD display is quite bland and although the backlight is bright, the quality of displayed text is poor. The unit is as easy to use as a normal telephone, with the up and down menu keys used to scroll through Skype tabs and contacts.
The phone connects to your PC via a standard USB connection and the cord is long enough to ensure you can sit at least a metre or two away. The 225IPC is pretty compact overall, so it can easily be thrown into a laptop bag or briefcase for traveling if you have access to mobile broadband.
Setup is simple and requires you to install the software which is included on a disk in the sales package. The 225IPC is Skype certified, but its advantage is that it will work with most VoIP applications - and is compatible with multiple operating systems including Mac OS X.
Where the 225IPC impresses most is call quality, with crisp and clear voice for both parties. Volume at its highest setting was more than adequate in a noisy environment. DORO claims the handset uses echo and noise cancellation to provide quality voice calls and we were significantly impressed with these features. All up, a solid phone for the VoIP enthusiast.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- TPTechnical Report EditorQLD
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTLead PMONSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- CCProject Scheduler-Port MacquarieQLD
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2QLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC