- Hybrid analog/digital tuner, easy scheduler
A good hybrid digital and analog TV tuner, the T3000 is expensive compared to similar cards.
Price$ 250.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
This PCI card is a versatile piece of hardware. It has a combo analog/digital TV tuner, so if your digital reception is bad, you can try analog, and vice versa. You can't view analog and digital reception at the same time, though. In addition, it has composite and S-Video inputs for recording video from analog sources, such as your VCR. In our tests, analog recording through this card was of very good quality and did not have video/audio audio synchronisation problems.
Its software, DPandA-Media Centre, in its beta stage of development at the time of writing, performed well enough for us to test this card without any major problems, although HD channels lacked sound. This problem should be ironed out by the time the software gets released properly. We found that the card couldn't tune into SBS using this software either, no matter how many times we tried with the digital tuner, leaving us no option but to watch the Greek news using the analog tuner, which picked up all available channels without any fuss.
DPandA-Media Centre has an intuitive interface and you can record and watch live TV programs easily. The picture quality of live SD broadcasts and recorded SD programs was excellent. This particular version does not seem to support timeshifting yet; although it can pause a live picture, it does not continue recording the live stream.
For setting and forgetting, its recording scheduler is very easy to use and can be set to record a one-off event or a daily event. All up, we liked the versatility of this card and think it will be a good buy once its software is fully developed.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
- Intel axes 12,000 jobs as it looks to break away from PCs
- The Asus ROG GT51CA has a weird ROG Band wearable that unlocks a hidden hard drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW