- Tiny, easy to use, plug and play
- Nothing to speak of
The DPandA TV-Stick is a terrific little TV tuner that is perfect for plugging into your notebook. It's also ideal for those of us who don't like venturing into the unknown innards of a PC enclosure to install a PCI device.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
The DPandA TV-Stick is tiny, measuring less than 10cm in length. It plugs directly into a USB 2.0 port. The bandwidth the USB 2.0 interface provides is enough for HDTV support, and this tuner displays HD channels without any qualms.
The TV-Stick installed faultlessly on our test system. Its supplied software interface is the same as the Hauppauge Nova-t. It supports scheduled recording, timeshifting and is a very easy and stable program to use.
Even though the unit we looked at was a pre-production model, it tuned into all the available channels in our area and displayed them very well. In fact, we experienced no problems at all during testing this little marvel.
Physically, the unit plugs directly into a USB 2.0 port and the antenna cable plugs into the other end of the device. Because the TV-Stick's thickness may interfere with the ports either side of the one it is plugged into, and because the antenna cable you use may be slightly heavy, a USB extension cable may be necessary.
The DPandA TV-Stick is perfect for notebook users and for those of you who don't want a bulky external TV tuner.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Seagate's 10TB Barracuda Pro is the world's largest consumer hard drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC