- Tiny, easy to use, plug and play
- Nothing to speak of
The DPandA TV-Stick is a terrific little TV tuner that is perfect for plugging into your notebook. It's also ideal for those of us who don't like venturing into the unknown innards of a PC enclosure to install a PCI device.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
The DPandA TV-Stick is tiny, measuring less than 10cm in length. It plugs directly into a USB 2.0 port. The bandwidth the USB 2.0 interface provides is enough for HDTV support, and this tuner displays HD channels without any qualms.
The TV-Stick installed faultlessly on our test system. Its supplied software interface is the same as the Hauppauge Nova-t. It supports scheduled recording, timeshifting and is a very easy and stable program to use.
Even though the unit we looked at was a pre-production model, it tuned into all the available channels in our area and displayed them very well. In fact, we experienced no problems at all during testing this little marvel.
Physically, the unit plugs directly into a USB 2.0 port and the antenna cable plugs into the other end of the device. Because the TV-Stick's thickness may interfere with the ports either side of the one it is plugged into, and because the antenna cable you use may be slightly heavy, a USB extension cable may be necessary.
The DPandA TV-Stick is perfect for notebook users and for those of you who don't want a bulky external TV tuner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup develops optical zoom lens for smartphones
- Dyn sells Internet performance data via SaaS
- Jive adds Office 365 connectors for its enterprise social suite
- IBM Watson Analytics preps the data so you don't have to
- Microsoft adds 3D printing via Cloud to application
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.