First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
DrayTek Vigor 2800G
- Nice warranty, Robust features
It is a bit pricey, but it is full of features and comes with a three-year warranty, making it perfect for a small business.
Price$ 330.00 (AUD)
Dubbed the ADSL2/2+ security router, the Draytek Vigor 2800G has a strong set of privacy and protection mechanisms, such as an SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewall and content filtering, which allows you to block out specific URLs and keywords.
For more advanced users, the VPN (virtual private network) capabilities of this router are particularly strong. VPN can be undertaken through a wired or wireless network and data can be encrypted using DES (Data Encryption Standard), 3DES (DES three times) and AES (Advanced Encryption Standard).
Setting up this modem was easy - all we had to do was run the wizard in its HTML interface - but our line rate was detected at 11,177Kbps, which was a little lower than the other modems. In our FTP download test, however, the 2800G achieved an excellent average of 811KBps, and its total throughput was 1467KBps. Support for Super G is available, allowing for wireless communications up to 54Mbps both ways (upstream and ownstream).
The range of this unit can be boosted by adding optional high-gain antennae instead of using the two standard 3db antennae that are supplied. A wireless distribution system can also be established so you can expand the coverage of the network by introducing more access points.
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft faces anti-monopoly probe in China over Windows, Office
- Privacy groups call for action to stop Facebook's off site user tracking plans
- Huawei's smartphones shipments rise on international sales
- Rhapsody reaches 2M subscribers, bets on new unRadio service
- Using Instagram on public Wi-Fi poses risk of an account hijack, researcher says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP View all »
- $66.95 free shipping
- 27% off $164.95
- Broadband View all »
Powered byCompare Broadband
- Notebooks View all »
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Tablets View all »