EA Games Crysis
- Incredible graphics and cutting-edge technology represent the next level of PC gaming. The Nanosuit abilities enhance the game's open-ended gameplay, game features some of the best enemy A.I. that we have ever seen.
- If you don't own a high-end gaming rig, you won't get the full experience; in fact, you'll have to spend a lot of time making tweaks to the settings to get it running right. DX10 performance is lacklustre: you get great results visually but your system's performance will take a big hit.
Crysis is an enticing adventure all the way through to the end. It's a worthy follow-up to the excellent Far Cry and a great step forward for PC gaming as a whole.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
When was the last time you upgraded your system? It doesn't matter because you'll probably have to do it again: Crysis is that demanding. But trust us when we say that it will be worth every single penny you spend! Read on for our review of the amazing Crysis!
When it was first formed, Crytek was a little known European developer with big dreams and aspirations. But unlike other upstart companies, they had an ace in the hole: a powerful and impressive graphics engine that they dubbed the CryEngine. The company then went on to prove that they weren't just a bunch of brainiacs with tech skills: they could craft a great gaming experience as well.
Crysis at a glance
With its dense tropical setting, lush level design and advanced enemy A.I., the company's first effort, Far Cry, earned it a heaping dose of well-deserved praise from game critics and gamers alike. Thanks to its early success, the expectations for the company's second game rose to atmospheric heights. The question became clear: could Crytek top Far Cry's visuals, which were widely considered to be some of the best ever seen, and expansive scope?
Well, the answer to that question is here and if you had any doubt about Crytek's abilities, it's time to abandon them -- Crysis is superior to Far Cry in every way that matters: technically, visually and conceptually. Powered by the high-powered CryEngine2, Crysis isn't a game as much as it is a force of (technological) nature.
But outstanding visuals aren't the only thing lurking under the hood: Crysis also features amazingly realistic A.I., an expansive and open-ended world, and intense action that's anchored by the awesome Nanosuit.
Oh but there's so much more so head over to the next page and start your journey towards gaming enlightenment with Chris Morell's in-depth review of Crytek's latest masterpiece!
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sea of Thieves is Rare's grog-drinking, accordion-playing, pirate silliness simulator
- Shadow Warrior 2 hands-on: Lo Wang gets even more wild with fast, furious 4-way action
- Xbox One keyboard and mouse support teased as PCs and consoles draw closer together
- Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards intensify AMD's affordable gaming push
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW