FIFA 13 by EA Sports for iOS
It may not be as fluid as the console version, but FIFA 13 for iOS is a great mobile option for soccer nuts
- Different game modes
- Layout of controls
- Can’t make a pro
- Movement can be rigid
- Huge file size
For commuters, travellers, or those who don’t wish to invest in a console, FIFA 13 by EA Sports for the iPhone is a justifiable substitute. It offers multiple game mode options, as well as the fan favourite, FUT.
Price$ 5.49 (AUD)
While it cannot mirror the quality of the gameplay and the graphics that are offered by the console version of the game, EA Sports' FIFA 13 app is a sufficient substitute when away from home. It includes most of the major game modes, as well as multiplayer. However, the controls don’t provide the same level of freedom on the phone as they do on a console.
The FIFA 13 app features a Quick Match menu, which then allows you to select between Kick-off, Practice, and Penalty shoot-out. There is also a gamepad option, which gives you the ability to use the iPhone (or iPod) as a controller for the iPad version of the game.
Ultimate Team (FUT) is also available in the FIFA 13 app. It has all the functionality of the console version of FUT, including trade and store. The last mode, apart from the Online option, is Career, which includes Tournament and Manager playing modes. Unfortunately, you can't make your own pro player on the app.
The app does not share content (such as game mode saves, Ultimate Team, and other features) with the console version of FIFA 13, which means that you can't continue your console career through the app and vice-versa. Your account does link up though. As a result, any experience earned by playing the app version adds to your overall level within FIFA.
While the FIFA 13 app may not be able to compete with the freedom, flow, and freestyle nature of the console version of the game, it offers an exceptional mobile experience. EA Sports has done well to minimise the amount of controls present on the screen, meaning that your fingers remain in the bottom left and right corners rather than covering the majority of the screen. It has transformed the dozen plus button variations available in the console version into just four small buttons and swipe motions alongside an 'analogue stick'. Player movement is fairly smooth, although executing effective dribbling can be difficult due to player turns feeling too rigid.
Developer: Electronics Arts
Requirements: iOS 4.0+
Reviewed on: iPhone 5
Join the PC World newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- CCICT ManagerNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- CCMigration EngineerACT
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- FTSharePoint Service ManagerNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPEnterprise Network Services ManagerACT
- CCMEAN Stack Developer - Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPJunior Business AnlystVIC
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA