EA Games Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
- The controls are very well implemented, the 32-player online mode has potential
- Graphics are lacklustre, gameplay is somewhat shallow, World War II theme is oh-so-tired
Wii owners who are desperate for a post-Metroid 3 FPS experience should definitely check Heroes 2 out but if you have access to other consoles, you're probably better off playing something else instead. Like, say, Call of Duty 4?
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Alright, we have to admit it: for a Wii FPS game, Heroes 2 is not half bad, especially considering the other choices out there.
The controls are tight and the action is fast paced, even if the game's premise feels stale. The included 'Arcade' mode is also decent: it turns the game into an on-rails light-gun game where you are shuttled around from level to level while shooting enemies with the Wii Remote.
Oh, and the fact that it packs a multiplayer mode capable to hosting 32 gamers is pretty damn impressive. Honestly, if the only console you have access to is a Wii, then this is the best FPS experience available to you outside of Metroid Prime 3.
But that doesn't mean the game is great. The Wii visuals are adequate but not particularly impressive and the WWII-themed story feels so tired. The single-player campaign doesn't do much to distinguish itself other than its controls, which are well implemented, and the 'Arcade' mode is a fun but an ultimately shallow experience that pales in comparison to other games like The Umbrella Chronicles.
The one potential bright point lies in the game's multiplayer mode; we didn't get to play it -- at the time this review went to press, the game's servers hadn't gone live yet -- but if it's done right, Wii owners will finally have a massive online playground to run around in.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
- Google, Facebook continue massive lobbying efforts in Q3
- Rimini Street's practices remain 'suspect,' Oracle alleges
- Digital rights groups ask ITU to stay out of net neutrality debate
- FTC appoints privacy researcher Soltani as chief technologist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW