Easeus Partition Manager Professional Edition 2.1
Easus Partition Manager is a disk utility designed to allow you to create and resize disk partitions with ease.
- Home version is free
- Crude interface
Although Paragon Partition Manager is the program we would prefer to use on a daily basis, if you can do without the migration and backup tools then Easus offers much better value for money – especially so if you can get by with the free Home version. Indeed, for experienced personal users, the Home edition is an excellent free utility and highly recommended.
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Easus Partition Manager is a disk utility designed to allow you to create and resize disk partitions with ease. Like Paragon's Partition Manager, it also comes in three versions — in this case Home as well as Professional and Server editions.
Easeus Parttion Manager Professional supports 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista (as well as 32-bit Windows 2000), and is about half the price of the Pro release of Paragon's Partition Manager — although with fewer features overall.
While the interface is generally easy enough to use when creating, moving and deleting partitions, it is not as slick as its competitor and lacks the simpler screen that Paragon provides. As such, novices might be slightly confused by the information first presented to them, but the use of wizards to work with partitions should help the process.
Aside from the partition manager itself, the only additional utility offered by Easus Partition Manager Professional is one to create a boot disc in case you need to recover your system. Nonetheless, it handles the core task very well and creating, moving and labelling partitions proved to be simple and efficient, without any loss of data.
All actions can be previewed before you commit to them, and the program supports hard disks up to 1TB in size as well as RAID arrays of multiple disks.
The apparent lack of features and the somewhat cruder interface count against Easus — but these are the only two things. And the Home version of Easeus Partition Manager is free for personal, non-commercial use, although it only supports 32-bit OSes. Like the Professional version, the Home version works with RAID setups and, if you wish to create, move and resize partitions this is an extremely useful utility.
At the other end of the scale, the Server edition supports Windows Server (2000 and 2003 editions) and handles up to 32 hard drives. This is the most powerful version, which in turn is available at half the price of Paragon's server offering, and for the same price as its competitor you can run it on an unlimited number of computers with Vista and XP.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Coordinator l Large Media Capital Investment ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Support Account ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerOther
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)QLD
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC