Easeus Partition Manager Professional Edition 2.1
Easus Partition Manager is a disk utility designed to allow you to create and resize disk partitions with ease.
- Home version is free
- Crude interface
Although Paragon Partition Manager is the program we would prefer to use on a daily basis, if you can do without the migration and backup tools then Easus offers much better value for money – especially so if you can get by with the free Home version. Indeed, for experienced personal users, the Home edition is an excellent free utility and highly recommended.
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Easus Partition Manager is a disk utility designed to allow you to create and resize disk partitions with ease. Like Paragon's Partition Manager, it also comes in three versions — in this case Home as well as Professional and Server editions.
Easeus Parttion Manager Professional supports 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista (as well as 32-bit Windows 2000), and is about half the price of the Pro release of Paragon's Partition Manager — although with fewer features overall.
While the interface is generally easy enough to use when creating, moving and deleting partitions, it is not as slick as its competitor and lacks the simpler screen that Paragon provides. As such, novices might be slightly confused by the information first presented to them, but the use of wizards to work with partitions should help the process.
Aside from the partition manager itself, the only additional utility offered by Easus Partition Manager Professional is one to create a boot disc in case you need to recover your system. Nonetheless, it handles the core task very well and creating, moving and labelling partitions proved to be simple and efficient, without any loss of data.
All actions can be previewed before you commit to them, and the program supports hard disks up to 1TB in size as well as RAID arrays of multiple disks.
The apparent lack of features and the somewhat cruder interface count against Easus — but these are the only two things. And the Home version of Easeus Partition Manager is free for personal, non-commercial use, although it only supports 32-bit OSes. Like the Professional version, the Home version works with RAID setups and, if you wish to create, move and resize partitions this is an extremely useful utility.
At the other end of the scale, the Server edition supports Windows Server (2000 and 2003 editions) and handles up to 32 hard drives. This is the most powerful version, which in turn is available at half the price of Paragon's server offering, and for the same price as its competitor you can run it on an unlimited number of computers with Vista and XP.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Pwn2Own hacking contest ends with two virtual machine escapes
- It's time to turn on HTTPS: the benefits are well worth the effort
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
- Windows Vista has just 30 days to live
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- FTHead of ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DeveloperVIC
- FTPolicy & Programme OfficerACT
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateNSW
- FTProject Co-OrdinaterNSW
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net Developer - SilverlightVIC
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- FTMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystsSA
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- TPSAP BA - Source to PayQLD
- FTSenior Business Analysis - FinanceQLD