Easeus Todo Backup
Back up entire partitions, restore partitions and individual files for free with the highly useful Easeus Todo Backup
- We were unable to back up to optical media, no scheduling or incremental backups
Although Easeus Todo Backup isn't the best imaging/backup program out there, it has by far the best price - free. Macrium Reflect also comes in a free version, but doesn't mount images. Todo Backup works well and offers everything most users need. What's not to like?
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
We don't understand how companies can make money giving stuff like this away. True, the free Easeus Todo Backup doesn't do every single backup task: it won't schedule, overwrite previous jobs, or do incremental backups. But for anyone willing to back up and cull backups manually, this program has a lot to recommend it.
We tested Easeus Todo Backup in a virtual machine, then under three standard installations. It didn't work in the virtual machine, but in the regular-Joe systems, the program worked perfectly. It even backed up our system partition without a squawk.
Since few users image VM hard drives, we give Easeus Todo Backup a better than passing grade. Our biggest complaint is that despite setting the options to not split the backup, the program split the backup into 4.2GB DVD-suitable sections anyway. Another minor complaint is that although you could interpret the help PDF as indicating support for optical media, we were unable to back up to such.
In addition to allowing a full restore, Easeus Todo Backup mounts (and un-mounts) the images it creates as virtual hard drives. This allows you to easily browse and recover individual files and folders using Windows Explorer. If that weren't enough, the program also comes with a Linux-based boot recovery CD so you can recover your system if disaster strikes. It will clone disks: i.e. copy an entire disk structure to another disk, as well.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW