Easeus Todo Backup
Back up entire partitions, restore partitions and individual files for free with the highly useful Easeus Todo Backup
- We were unable to back up to optical media, no scheduling or incremental backups
Although Easeus Todo Backup isn't the best imaging/backup program out there, it has by far the best price - free. Macrium Reflect also comes in a free version, but doesn't mount images. Todo Backup works well and offers everything most users need. What's not to like?
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
We don't understand how companies can make money giving stuff like this away. True, the free Easeus Todo Backup doesn't do every single backup task: it won't schedule, overwrite previous jobs, or do incremental backups. But for anyone willing to back up and cull backups manually, this program has a lot to recommend it.
We tested Easeus Todo Backup in a virtual machine, then under three standard installations. It didn't work in the virtual machine, but in the regular-Joe systems, the program worked perfectly. It even backed up our system partition without a squawk.
Since few users image VM hard drives, we give Easeus Todo Backup a better than passing grade. Our biggest complaint is that despite setting the options to not split the backup, the program split the backup into 4.2GB DVD-suitable sections anyway. Another minor complaint is that although you could interpret the help PDF as indicating support for optical media, we were unable to back up to such.
In addition to allowing a full restore, Easeus Todo Backup mounts (and un-mounts) the images it creates as virtual hard drives. This allows you to easily browse and recover individual files and folders using Windows Explorer. If that weren't enough, the program also comes with a Linux-based boot recovery CD so you can recover your system if disaster strikes. It will clone disks: i.e. copy an entire disk structure to another disk, as well.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft claims 110M devices now run Windows 10
- Windows 10 growth slows, but breaks 100M device mark
- Google Photos’ big, helpful Android update goes live
- Microsoft’s Sydney store will open its doors on 12 November
- Tim Cook on Apple and Microsoft partnership: 'It's what customers want'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW