Edifier Esiena iF360 iPod dock
We were impressed by the Edifier Esiena iF360, despite how expensive it is
- Excellent audio quality, lovely design and build quality, supports an array of inputs for playing music
- Turning the device on and off will reset volume back to default level
We were very pleased with the Edifier Esiena iF360. It's more than just an iPod dock, offering a multitude of ways to play music. It also provides amazing audio quality.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The Edifier Esiena iF360 is a great all-in-one audio system that doesn't make any compromises when it comes to sound quality.
The Edifier Esiena iF360 plays host to a variety of ways to listen to music. First and foremost it docks with an iPod or iPhone. If you’re not an Apple nut, fear not as the iF360 has an SD memory card slot, a USB 2.0 port, a CD player, FM radio, and an auxiliary input that allows MP3 players and mobile phones to be connected. In addition to MP3s, it will also play WMA files.
The $599 price might seem like a lot, but you have to keep in mind that the iF360 will play audio from multiple sources, and the quality of the speakers is excellent. The iF360 has clear treble and surprisingly good bass for such a small device. The touch-sensitive volume control also can also be used to adjust the bass and treble.
The two 25W speakers have little to no distortion when the volume is turned up and the audio can easily fill a room. The built-in FM radio receives signals with ease and reception is clear. One thing to note is that if you turn the device off and on again, it will default to a mid-level volume.
Aesthetically, the iF360 is quite pleasing on the eye; its unobtrusive design makes it ideal for any room in the house. Touch-sensitive navigation buttons illuminated with red lighting are located on the top of the unit and are not only responsive but easy to use. The glossy black finish looks great, however it collects fingerprints easily.
A high-intensity dot matrix VFD (vacuum fluorescent display) adorns the front of the unit and clearly shows settings related to the mode the iF360 is in. When the unit is in standby mode, it displays the time and date, and as an added bonus you can program alarms. The menus are simple to navigate and for added convenience the iF360 comes with a remote control.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple slates March 21 event, with 4-in. iPhone likely on the stage
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Tablets replace books for kids back at school
- Dell agrees to acquire EMC for US$67 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW