Eizo FlexScan L778
- Great image quality, dual-input, long warranty
- Poor OSD menu
The Eizo unit offers outstanding image quality, both VGA and DVI inputs, and is backed-up by a 5-year warranty. All up, a great screen for a professional user.
Price$ 1,441.00 (AUD)
Eizo's FlexScan L778 is a high-end TFT monitor aimed at a professional user.
The 19" screen boasts a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels and offers a 10-15ms response time. Buttons run along the bottom edge of the wide front bezel and are well laid out, providing easy access to the on-screen menu.
The screen weighs 7.1kg and features a small base plate, providing a minimal overall footprint. A pivoting stand allows the monitor face to rotate and swing through two dimensions and VESA mounting brackets are also included.
Both DVI and VGA inputs are available, and the screen includes separate audio inputs for each. It's possible to switch between them, with little difference in image quality between the two. Overall, the picture quality is outstanding, showing good contrast range and clear delineations between shades. Colour tone is also spot-on; photos look even and balanced. Text remains readable in both brightly light and dark rooms, and the screen is well suited to business use.
The auto-adjust feature accurately sets the screen up for both inputs, and the menu allows quick adjustments in colour temperature to suit different images on screen. However, the menu is fairly difficult to use as it relies on small icons that make navigation tricky.
Speakers sit down the edge of the screen (on each side) and provide surprisingly punchy audio, while sound options allow you to adjust EQ, balance and SRS. There's also a USB hub built in, with two ports on the right-hand side of the monitor behind the panel. The ports are well located, and it makes it easy to connect memory keys, digital cameras, and other USB devices.
The screen offers a 178-degree viewing angle, but images appeared to darken quickly as we moved to viewing from either side or above. One handy feature is BrightRegulator, which adjusts the on-screen image based on ambient light conditions, but the adjustments rendered the image a little dark during operation.
The screen is rounded out by a five-year warranty and a solid range of extras in the box, including all cabling, a satisfactory manual, software and mounting screws.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge DatacentreVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTDevops / Technical Support AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager- SAP FICO implementationNSW
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Co-OrdinaterNSW
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge Routing and SwitchingVIC
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile Project ManagerACT
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- CCAutomation TesterQLD
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW