EPOX Computer EP-9NPA+
- Clean layout, broad range of overclocking settings
- No rear-panel FireWire
EPoX's nForce4 Ultra board performs well and has the basic features you need for a mainstream or high-end system.
Price$ 207.00 (AUD)
The EP-9NPA+ Ultra is the prototypical nForce4 Ultra board, implementing exactly what the chip set offers-which is quite a lot--but nothing more.
Compared to other Athlon 64 motherboards we have tested, the board's performance was middle-of-the-road, in both WorldBench 5 and our gaming tests. You can optimise for more speed via its broad range of overclocking settings (in the PC setup program) and the speed and voltage settings (using the included NTune app).
The EP-9NPA+ Ultra features a very clean layout, with three unobstructed PCIe x1 slots and no interference between components. While we would have liked a rear-panel FireWire port, the board came with two FireWire headers--a set of pins that allows you to connect to a port built into your case or a rear port that fits on an included slot cover.
The EPoX board's Magic Flash Internet BIOS utility worked well, and the pre-production user guide we received was concise and informative.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- EVGA's GTX 1080 FTW2 and SC2 graphics cards get updated with faster memory
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung ready to make chips faster than the ones in Galaxy S8
- Intel scraps annual IDF event as it looks beyond PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCFiori ConsultantNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW