Epson Aculaser C1100
- Fast time-to-print for a single colour page, outstanding print quality
- Doesn't support Ethernet, expensive running costs
The Epson Aculaser C1100 is a good choice for low-volume colour printing, with best of breed output quality, providing you don't mind the slightly higher than average running costs and slow colour output.
Price$ 597.90 (AUD)
Out of the box the Epson Aculaser C1100 impresses, with solid build quality and styled looks. But the breadbin format gives the Epson Aculaser C1100 a larger than average footprint, and prospective buyers will have to sacrifice more desk space than they might want to. And while connectivity options are pretty standard, the Epson Aculaser C1100 model does not support Ethernet.
The Epson Aculaser C1100's monochrome print performance is crisp, with a near instant time-to-print and a steady throughput of 17ppm (pages per minute). This isn't quite as fast as is quoted, but it's enough for everyday office use. Colour performance is disappointing, however. Time to print is just 15 seconds, but the Epson Aculaser C1100's colour engine isn't capable of more than 5ppm.
For a single colour page, this fast time-to-print means the Epson Aculaser C1100 wins on speed. On longer print runs the Epson Aculaser C1100 drops behind the competition. Running costs are on the high side, with 10.5 cents per page for the low capacity toner option and 3.6 cents per page for highcapacity cartridges.
The biggest win for the Epson Aculaser C1100 is print quality, which is outstanding. Natural colour balance and good skin tones, combined with plenty of colour punch.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Latest News Articles
- HP offers US$1 billion for Samsung's printer business
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Operations Manager / IT Business ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantACT
- TPProgram Control ManagerSA
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW