Epson AcuLaser C2600N
- Fast print speed, good help functions
- Time-consuming setup
Rich colours, zippy print speeds, an easy-to-use interface, and a two-year on-site warranty help make the C2600N a solid printer for small business
Price$ 1,640.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
We've been hearing about how a paperless office will revolutionise the workplace for more than a decade now. Even with ever-increasing email usage, irrespective of what tech pundits may claim, the truly paperless office is still a long way away. Epson's AcuLaser C2600N is a flexible colour laser printer designed to keep a small business ticking, and help produce marketing or report material internally. This hulking grey and beige machine measures 50cm high, around 55cm deep, and 77cm wide with paper trays extended. The C2600N is a bulky printer, weighing in at 37 kg, and side access to the consumables means you'll need a wide desk to support it. A silver panel sits on the front face, and sports an LCD screen along with six buttons for control. Paper trays are present to hold up to 650 pages, with a 250-sheet output tray on the top of the machine.
The C2600N ships with 64MB of RAM by default (upgradable to 512MB), and supports common emulations including Standard ESC/Page Colour, ESC/Page, PCL6 (Mono), and Adobe PostScript 3. Both Mac and PC are fully supported. A 10/100 Ethernet connection is provided as standard (along with parallel and USB 2.0) and is managed via Epson's WebManager application. The app is straightforward and easy to use, and provides access to printer information and jobs.
The machine takes four separate cartridges to cover CMYK toners, and there's a waste cartridge at the side. Installation and setup is a little time consuming, as you have to install each cartridge in turn. The C2600N must first be powered up, and the display prompts for you to install cartridges. Though it takes around 20 minutes, it's a straightforward process as the directions are clear. There's even a help button if you get stuck running through the maintenance procedures.
The Epson printer employs AcuBrite toner, which produces extremely rich and vibrant colours with even coverage across the entire page. The C2600N is pretty zippy - as is expected of a networkable small-business laser - and managed print at speeds of up to 28 pages per minute monochrome, and around seven in colour. This is adequate for most small businesses, and the device boasts a monthly duty cycle of up to 120,000 mono pages or 48,000 colour ones.
The Epson AcuLaser C2600N offers great print quality, an easy-to-use interface complete with a help button, and a two-year on-site warranty that will provide plenty of peace of mind for businesses.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HP’s $69 Deskjet printer makes more efficient use of ink tanks
- HP LaserJets use a new type of toner particle that can improve energy efficiency and print speed
- Epson Australia launches its Future of Business Printing system
- da Vinci 1.0 AiO: the world’s first personal 3D scanner and printer is coming to Australia
- Hands on with MakerBot's 3D printed wood
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW