Epson Stylus RX700
- Very quick printing
- Expensive at first
Although this versatile unit requires a hefty initial outlay and its upkeep will cost you close to $20 for each of its six ink tanks, the quality of its photo prints, scanning and photocopying is excellent.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The RX700 is an all-encompassing digital photo production unit. It can print full-bleed A4 and 4x6in photos either from your PC or directly from your PictBridge-enabled digital camera's memory card.
Additionally, it can produce excellent photocopies, not only of magazine clippings and thick books, but also of CD/DVD artwork. Simply place the disc you want to copy in the scanner, place a printable disc in the input tray and you're set. We tested this function with printable Ritek DVD-R discs and the results were impressive.
Printing on paper is aided by the inclusion of two paper trays. The rear tray holds your photo paper; the front tray holds your plain paper. Printing documents on plain paper in normal mode produced slightly feathered results, but printing on glossy media in photo mode produced super-sharp images. Colour tones were very accurate and the level of detail in each print was excellent. Photo prints were also quick. A full-bleed A4 photo dropped onto the output tray after only 3m12s!
Most interesting is the segregation of its six ink tanks and its print head. The ink tanks reside at the front of the unit and are easy to access. Ink travels from these to the print head via tubes, which helps keep the weight of the print head to a minimum. We noticed very little vibration and whisper quiet operation.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
- HP to launch 3D printers this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW