F-Secure Online Backup
F-Secure Online Backup is a stable, easy-to-set-up backup solution along the lines of MozyPro and SpiderOak.
- Clean (albeit occasionally confusing) interface
- Many small issues
F-Secure Online Backup is well worth a look for anyone whose needs exceed the free 2GB accounts offered by several vendors.
Price$ 104.82 (AUD)
We found a lot to like in F-Secure Online Backup, especially for more experienced users. Features such as manual operation, upload speeds couched in terms of Kbps, and the option to define how long locally deleted files remain in the backup definitely appeal to the advanced user. That said, there are still plenty of friendly beginner features such as the automatic selection of important data files.
F-Secure (the same company of antivirus renown) Online Backup's three-tab (Backup, Restore, Settings) interface is clean, albeit occasionally confusing - mostly when you want to manually select/deselect files for backup.
You can manually turn on and off the auto-selection of Office documents, photos, videos, and music. However, the automatic selected files don't show up in the My Important Files area where you manually select or deselect various (including those that normally contain your photos and music) folders for backup.
There are actually too many small issues to list here, so suffice to say that the entire Backup tab could be more intuitive in its naming conventions, conceptualisation, and organisation.
Despite the occasional interface puzzler, F-Secure Online Backup will back up your important files and it's cheaper than the pay versions of the Carbonite, CrashPlan, Fabrik, Mozy, and SpiderOak competitors for single PC.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
- How to restore missing desktop icons on Windows
- Microsoft declares summer's Windows 10 upgrade fit for business
- Stop pouting: Google’s Santa Tracker is updated just in time for the Christmas countdown
- You can finally watch Netflix offline now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCIdentity and Access Management SMENSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC