Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN mono laser printer
Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN is a fast laser printer with good security features for networked offices.
- Fast, good quality printouts, automatic duplexing, 802.1X security authentication
- Expensive, ugly, toner can be difficult to remove
We weren't thrilled with its price and design, but the Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN prints quickly and produces good quality text documents.
Price$ 823.00 (AUD)
The Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN monochrome laser printer is fast and offers good security features, though the beige colour scheme will make it one of the drearier additions to your office.
Canon's Laser Shot LBP 3100B shows that monochrome laser printers don't have to be ugly. But the Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN, like the smaller and less accomplished Phaser 3125/N, is beige, boxy, big and plain unattractive.
It's larger than bargain-bin monochrome laser printers because it uses a paper cassette for input instead of a fold-out tray. With the accompanying multi-purpose tray, the Phaser 3435DN has a maximum paper capacity of 300 sheets. A further 250-sheet paper cassette can be attached to the bottom of the printer through an optional accessory. A maximum monthly duty cycle of 80,000 pages should see home and small offices through print-heavy periods quite easily.
An automatic duplexing unit is included on the Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN and USB and Ethernet connections are both available. Unfortunately, you will have to print off a network configuration report to determine the printer's IP address, though this is only a single page. The IP address is needed to properly configure network printer sharing and access the Centreware Web-based interface. Users can configure 802.1X security services directly from the printer itself.
Fuji Xerox's Web interface provides access to the core functions of the Phaser 3435DN. Apart from basic printer status and options, the interface also allows configuration of core network settings including IP filtering, SNMP security and the printer's integrated Web server.
The Phaser 3435DN uses fairly large toners when compared to most laser printers of a similar size, offering a 4000 page yield from standard toners. A current price of $166.38 gives the printer a reasonable cost per A4 page of 4.1c. The toner can be difficult to remove from the printer unfortunately.
During testing we managed to replicate Fuji Xerox's claimed print speeds of 33 pages per minute in both 600dpi and 1200dpi modes. The first page of our test documents took 9.6 seconds to print on average. The Phaser 3435DN doesn't provide too many print quality options, but it does a good job with text documents, producing clean and accurate characters. This accuracy is retained even at 7pt, making smaller text perfectly readable.
Its price and its looks aren't particularly appealing, but the Fuji Xerox Phaser 3435DN offers fast print speeds and security features that suit networked offices.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
- Will Supreme Court settle network neutrality issue?
- Microsoft’s Iowa data center cluster to reach 3.2M square feet
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA