Fuji Xerox Australia Phaser 7300N
- Fast, high print quality, colour
- Nothing notable
The Phaser 7300N would suit a large workgroup that demands quick printing and flawless text.
Price$ 9,995.00 (AUD)
The Fuji Xerox Phaser 7300N performed well almost across the board, delivering fast speeds and generally good print quality in our tests. It's also a behemoth, weighing 68kg and measuring 67cm wide and 63cm deep. But its sizable girth allows it to handle a variety of paper sizes, including tabloid and wide-format banners.
The 7300N outshines most of its opponents in text speed, spitting out sheets at 24.5 pages per minute. It also clocked high speeds for colour graphics in our tests, printing our test pages at 5.5ppm. The model we saw came equipped with a healthy 192MB of RAM; the memory is expandable up to 512MB.
Though the 7300N uses an LED rather than a laser to place the image on the printer drum, the difference will be transparent to users. In addition to swift printing speeds, the 7300N earned some great scores for print quality. Like most lasers it printed text extremely well, with dark, sharp letters. We were also impressed with its ability to clearly separate even very narrow parallel lines. Our test black-and-white photograph had a choppy texture but showed good detail. The device had the most trouble printing colour graphics, which had a few dark, muted colours and murky detail in sections; the 7300N reproduced detail better than colour, but we found adjusting the colour in the driver easy.
The printer has a fair number of paper-handling options. The 650-sheet capacity may not be enough for large offices with high-volume printing needs, but you can expand the unit to a maximum of 2850 sheets (paper tray options include a 550-sheet tray and a 1650-sheet tray). An optional 10GB hard drive can store numerous jobs for later printing.
Toner cartridges are available for cyan, magenta, yellow and black, in both standard (up to 7500 pages) and high-capacity (up to 15,000 pages). Xerox rates the imaging units (there's one for each colour) to last for up to 30,000 pages.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- HP offers US$1 billion for Samsung's printer business
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ