Fuji Xerox Printers Docuprint 203A
- Incredible quality text printing
- Poor contrast on graphics, Manual feed envelopes
A reasonably quick model which provides excellent print quality for text. As the name indicates however, stay away if you want a graphics printer.
Price$ 163.90 (AUD)
Whilst not a powerhouse of printing, the Xerox 203A offers a solid and above all affordable option for people printing a mass of documents. Print speed is above average, the quality is all but flawless and it has a very manageable footprint making it ideal for a small office or even home situation.
The first thing to note is this printer is labeled as a document model and our tests confirmed this is where its strength lies. It reeled off just under 20 pages a minute, which for a model in this price range is above average. The quality of these prints was exceptional. There was no noticeable feathering or warping of the characters at all. The colour saturation was consistent and the pages were easy on the eyes. Anyone after consistent, high quality document printing this is one of the premiere choices.
Graphic printing was of a slightly lesser quality however still quite reasonable. There was a lack of contrast in most of our prints, so anything dark wound up with a fairly uniform black colour lacking definition between areas. The prints were crisp and clear apart from this and printed at a very speedy 15 pages a minute, but we'd recommend other models if you print a lot of images.
The 203A offers a 250 sheet tray for standard paper, which is right on the average for a small laser model, but requires manual feeding of more exotic paper types which will slow down your print process considerably. Imagine trying to print 500 envelopes manually. Tiring yes?
Installation was a breeze. The front opens up to reveal a slot for the drum unit which clicks easily into place. It comes with a large, clear manual with accompanying graphics and software installation took less than two minutes. Even the most computer illiterate person should have no trouble with this unit. Network installation follows this trend as well, offering a simple wizard to get your printer connected to multiple PCs.
Xerox rate their ink cartridge at 2500 prints, which is right on the average, and the drum will need replacing after roughly 12,000 prints. This equates in total to a cost of about 3.5 cents per print, which is quite competitive if not stellar.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- HP offers US$1 billion for Samsung's printer business
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior consultant/ Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD