Fujitsu Australia LifeBook E8010
- Performance, Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet, LifeBook lock
- Nothing noteworthy
A great notebook for someone looking for high performance on the move while also acting as a great desktop replacement.
Price$ 4,299.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
The E8010 was built with mobile performance in mind. Its ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics controller returned a very strong score of 10170 in our 3DMark tests and also pushed up the application performance (SYSMark 2001) benchmark score to a lofty 290.
Fujitsu has included Intel's Pentium M CPU, which here runs at 1.7GHz and includes 2MB L2 cache and a 400MHz frontside bus. Other core specifications include a 15" screen with maximum resolution of 1400 x 1050, 512MB of 333MHz PC2700 DDR SDRAM (of a 2GB maximum) and a 40GB 4200rpm hard disk. The multiformat DVD burner is modular and hot-swappable with options such as a second battery or weight saver (a plastic tray that protects the device bay while empty).
The E8010 has great build quality, using silver magnesium alloy on the lid and carbon fibre, strengthened plastic for the base. It includes a keyboard with dedicated PageUp, PageDown and cursor keys (great for word processing).
Four customisable program shortcut buttons above the keyboard are also numbered, allowing you to set them up as a key-combination locking mechanism--what Fujitsu calls the LifeBook lock. This can be applied when the notebook powers on, or alternatively when Windows goes into hibernation or standby. It's easy to set up and is a sensible solution for protecting sensitive data. Take care, though--if you forget your combination the notebook will have to be sent to Fujitsu to be reset!
An Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG network card provides 802.11b/g connectivity, and Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) and a 56Kbps modem are also included. The E8010 has four USB 2.0 slots and single FireWire, S-Video TV-out, parallel, serial, PS/2, microphone and headphone connections. There's also support for MMC and SD cards and one Type II or Type III PC Card.
Windows XP Pro, Norman Virus Control and Personal Firewall, Sonic RecordNow! and Power Producer are included.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Early Android app support rolls out to two more Chromebooks
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Why Apple's new MacBook Pro needs more than just one USB-C port
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW