First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- 800Mbps FireWire, eight SATA ports, high performance, good range of overclocking features, good documentation
A colourful, high-performance board that has good documentation and comes with every cable and break-out connector you'll need.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 21 stores)
Gigabyte's feature-laden 925XE-based GA-8AENXP-D is a rare board. It's one of the few we have yet seen to offer 800Mbps FireWire 800. It includes other touches as well: eight SATA ports, an additional RAID controller to augment the one in the 925XE chip set, and the company's DualBIOS, which provides a backup BIOS in case you interrupt a flash or screw up the settings in the main BIOS and can't boot. Gigabyte rounds out the package with an 802.11g wireless LAN adapter card and a solid voltage regulator module for stability.
Another strength of the GA-8AENXP-D is performance, with the board performing very well in our tests. Add good documentation, a decent range of overclocking settings, and capable Windows-based tweaking utilities, and you have a very nice Pentium 4 setup--almost nice enough to make us forget its high price.
Latest News Articles
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- The Pirate Bay makes searching for torrents easier on mobile devices
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- PC Components View all »
- 30% off $69.95
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »