- 800Mbps FireWire, eight SATA ports, high performance, good range of overclocking features, good documentation
A colourful, high-performance board that has good documentation and comes with every cable and break-out connector you'll need.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Gigabyte's feature-laden 925XE-based GA-8AENXP-D is a rare board. It's one of the few we have yet seen to offer 800Mbps FireWire 800. It includes other touches as well: eight SATA ports, an additional RAID controller to augment the one in the 925XE chip set, and the company's DualBIOS, which provides a backup BIOS in case you interrupt a flash or screw up the settings in the main BIOS and can't boot. Gigabyte rounds out the package with an 802.11g wireless LAN adapter card and a solid voltage regulator module for stability.
Another strength of the GA-8AENXP-D is performance, with the board performing very well in our tests. Add good documentation, a decent range of overclocking settings, and capable Windows-based tweaking utilities, and you have a very nice Pentium 4 setup--almost nice enough to make us forget its high price.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
- Intel axes 12,000 jobs as it looks to break away from PCs
- The Asus ROG GT51CA has a weird ROG Band wearable that unlocks a hidden hard drive
- HP wants to turn your Mac into a 44-core Windows PC
- New Ninja desktops roar with Intel's 72-core supercomputing chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCServer SpecialistACT
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW