First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Gigabyte Geforce 6600GT (GV-NX66T128)
- Performs well, SLI support
- Poor software bundle
Some of the best value for money available, it can run most modern games quite comfortably without denting the bank balance.
Price$ 319.00 (AUD)
Don't let the price tag of this card fool you into thinking it is somehow sub-par or lacking in features. In fact, this card is based on the 6600GT GPU and has 128MB of GDDR3 memory. It performed very reliably and speedily in all of our tests and was a cinch to install. Furthermore, the card supports SLI and has a wide range of output capabilities.
The default GPU and memory clock speeds of 500MHz/1GHz can be manipulated via the V-tuner2 utility and the card is cooled by a heat sink and fan combination on the GPU.
The reason for the card's low price is the lack of a software bundle, although a software DVD player is supplied. High-definition output is also a feature of this card, and it is supplied with a dongle that has component outputs as well as an S-Video output for standard definition TV display.
Latest News Articles
- No patch yet for zero day in Symantec Endpoint Protection software driver
- Android grabs record 85 per cent smartphone share
- FCC chairman grills Verizon over data throttling
- Australia gains early access to Microsoft's Cortana personal assistant
- Intel's MinnowBoard Max coming in late, commanding higher prices
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- PC Components View all »
- $129.99 free shipping
- 24% off $49.98 free shipping
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »