This free software-and-service combo lets you share any files and folders on your PC with friends and other contacts
- Set up is simple, free
- After 31 days you will have to transfer files using the slower direct connection method
A useful application that's well worth the download, whether or not you choose to upgrade.
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
If you like sharing files and social-networking sites, welcome to GigaTribe. This free software-and-service combo lets you share any files and folders on your PC with friends and other contacts, and it lets you get access to their files and folders as well.
GigaTribe's set up is remarkably simple: install the software, decide which files and folders to share and invite friends. From that point on, your buddies can download any of your shared files and folders, and you can do the same with theirs.
There are a lot of nice little extras in GigaTribe. For example, you can search for a filename in your contact's folders, and you can pause and resume downloads. You can also preview graphics files before downloading them, to make sure that you're getting the right picture. There's also a chat module.
The software also solves an increasingly thorny problem — how to share large files with others. Many e-mail services and ISPs have limits on file sizes, but there's no file size limit with GigaTribe.
Note that you may have to tell your firewall to let GigaTribe access the internet. Also, after 31 days, you will have to transfer files using the slower direct connection method, rather than the 'EasyConnect' method. EasyConnect can speed up transfers and bypasses any potential firewall issues. To get EasyConnect again, you must upgrade to the paid-for Ultimate version, which is available in monthly and yearly licences.
The Ultimate version includes additional features, such as the ability to download files faster from multiple sources, simultaneously downloading several files at once, and the ability to have more than 500 friends. You'll figure our pretty quickly whether the standard version suits your needs, or whether you need Ultimate.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How Microsoft is building on Windows 10, and why developers care
- Google Chrome dethrones Internet Explorer to become undisputed browser champion
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Facebook gives Windows 10 a hug with new Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram apps
- Zuckerberg sees 'better than human' AI in next 10 years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC