Gigabyte Radeon X700 Pro (GV-RX70P256V)
- Quiet, beats most of the competition in benchmarks
- Passive cooling
A good choice for someone wanting a silent PC that can still game well on a budget.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Based on the X700 Pro chipset and with 256MB of GDDR3 memory installed, the default clock speed of the Gigabyte GV-RX70P256V is 427MHz, with its memory running at 866MHz. A utility for managing the clock speeds, called V-tuner2, is supplied with the card, but due to the card's passive cooling system it is not recommended that you run this card any faster. It can be used to slow the card down, however.
The passive cooling system employs two large heat sinks connected by a heat pipe to cool the GPU. Users looking to build a silent PC will appreciate the zero decibel level of this card, but an efficient exhaust fan should be installed in your system to move the hot air that it generates.
Our tests of the card produced mixed results. It wasn't the fastest card we've tested in Doom 3, but in Unreal Tournament 2003 it performed very well.
Installation proved to be a painless operation. Its bundled software includes the full version of several games. Connectivity includes a DVI port and S-Video TV-out functionality, as well as component output, which allows for connections to high-definition TV and projector units.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Radeon Polaris GPU and Bristol Ridge APU should be featured by AMD at Computex
- Google's Tensor Processing Unit said to advance Moore's Law seven years into the future
- Confirmed by Nvidia: Official GeForce GTX 1070 tech specifications leak
- Rumours are true: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 officially supports only 2-way SLI setups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW