The Armani Wool Coat is a great example of one of the season's trends; a dress-like silhouette with buttons running down the side make it an unconventional look that's still stylish and flattering for most body types. With that said, the following advice will help you navigate the quirky animal sweater trend while keeping your fashion sense intact. Adorned with pockets on the left sleeves, hips and chest the Bogner Paisley Print Fur Trim Jacket retails for $1878 found at Neiman Marcus.
Google Chrome for Mac
Google doesn't want everybody to start downloading this early version of Chrome for Mac
- Still incomplete
Overall, this early preview version of Google Chrome for Mac looks and feels just about right, although it has quite a long way to go before it can make it mainstream or become your default browser. Keep in mind that this version is not for general use.
The Google Chrome team is delivering on its promises to deliver Mac users a native version of the company's browser. A developer version of Chrome for both Mac and Linux users was released recently, but Google doesn't want you to download the software.
That's right: Google doesn't want everybody to start downloading this early version of Chrome for Mac, the latest prerelease edition, because it is incomplete. How incomplete? Read on.
The installation process is as straightforward as with any Mac application. You download the 29.7MB .dmg file and then drag the Chrome app icon on to your Applications folder. Upon opening, a warning message lets you know this is just an early development version.
We were glad to see that the Windows XP blue bar at the top disappeared in the Mac version, and got replaced with a sleek silver one that resembles Apple Safari 4 (or vice versa; you decide). Besides that, it all looks and feels like Google Chrome for Windows: same most visited sites on the first page, a history search box and recent bookmarks.
Opening Gmail, Hotmail, and any general website was seamless, and Chrome actually felt speedier than Safari 4 Beta and Mozilla Firefox 3.0. This is by no means a rigorous calculation, but just an indication of how Chrome for Mac feels.
So far so good; but that's about it for Chrome for Mac. As the product managers say on the release blog post, you can't (yet) watch YouTube videos, change privacy settings, or change the default search engine. Printing web pages does not work either, and the option to make a Google app (like Gmail) an application on your desktop is not available (greyed out).
When we opened an Incognito window, it got locked to the centre of the screen and we weren't able to type anything in the address bar of that window whatsoever. We weren't able to close that window, either, so a "force quit" of Chrome was necessary to get it back up and running. Besides that, during the time we played with Chrome, we haven't experienced any other crashes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- HP's radical new Machine could start computing by 2016
- Apologetic Microsoft unleashes Xim globally for Android, Win Phone
- FCC: A range of net neutrality options remain on the table
- Pirate Bay co-founder sentenced to 3.5 years imprisonment in Denmark
- Google to kill off SSL 3.0 in Chrome 40
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW