Griffin iTrip for nano
- Unique design, Ease of Use
- Some distortion in different environments
An excellent option for iPod nano owners, the iTrip combines ease of use with a unique design.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
Griffin's iTrip has been redesigned to suit the popular iPod nano and the result is an excellent FM transmitter that is easy to use and functions without any major problems. Its unique design ensures your iPod clips firmly into the iTrip without adding any considerable bulk to an already pencil-thin portable music player.
The iTrip has a number of excellent and convenient features, but one of the best is its design. It doesn't add much length or width to the nano, so you can use it without having to worry about a large or bulky accessory attached to it. You simply slide the nano into the dock, attaching it with the headphone jack, and the iTrip sits behind, hidden from view. The iTrip also includes a mini-USB connector on the bottom of the unit and a status light on the front.
The iTrip uses the iPod nano LCD display combined with an intuitive three way navigational wheel for operation. The screen displays the current frequency selected and you move the jog wheel to change frequencies and press it in to make a selection. To program a station of your choice, you simply press the switch to show the FM frequency, move the wheel up or down to navigate to the frequency that you want and then press the switch again to lock in your selection. The iTrip will also remember the last three stations that you've used and you can select any of these as a preset.
The make or break factor when it comes to these units is sound quality. Generally, transmitting sounds over FM frequencies is unstable but we were extremely pleased that we encountered no major issues with the iTrip during testing. We did experience some slight dropout in transmission when driving in busy areas, but this is common for FM transmitters. Overall, the iTrip worked very well and sounded above average for most part during testing.
There are a number of settings that can be adjusted on the iTrip including mono or stereo broadcasting, a general purpose equaliser, auto play and SmartSense technology. The latter detects whether the volume of your iPod is too high and adjusts it accordingly to keep your music playing without any distortion. Of course, you can still control the volume level yourself using the iPod nano click wheel.
Overall, the iTrip for nano is an excellent option if you are looking for an FM transmitter that is easy to use and doesn't add much bulk to an already ultra compact iPod nano.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedVIC
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)ACT
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD