Griffin iTrip for nano
- Unique design, Ease of Use
- Some distortion in different environments
An excellent option for iPod nano owners, the iTrip combines ease of use with a unique design.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
Griffin's iTrip has been redesigned to suit the popular iPod nano and the result is an excellent FM transmitter that is easy to use and functions without any major problems. Its unique design ensures your iPod clips firmly into the iTrip without adding any considerable bulk to an already pencil-thin portable music player.
The iTrip has a number of excellent and convenient features, but one of the best is its design. It doesn't add much length or width to the nano, so you can use it without having to worry about a large or bulky accessory attached to it. You simply slide the nano into the dock, attaching it with the headphone jack, and the iTrip sits behind, hidden from view. The iTrip also includes a mini-USB connector on the bottom of the unit and a status light on the front.
The iTrip uses the iPod nano LCD display combined with an intuitive three way navigational wheel for operation. The screen displays the current frequency selected and you move the jog wheel to change frequencies and press it in to make a selection. To program a station of your choice, you simply press the switch to show the FM frequency, move the wheel up or down to navigate to the frequency that you want and then press the switch again to lock in your selection. The iTrip will also remember the last three stations that you've used and you can select any of these as a preset.
The make or break factor when it comes to these units is sound quality. Generally, transmitting sounds over FM frequencies is unstable but we were extremely pleased that we encountered no major issues with the iTrip during testing. We did experience some slight dropout in transmission when driving in busy areas, but this is common for FM transmitters. Overall, the iTrip worked very well and sounded above average for most part during testing.
There are a number of settings that can be adjusted on the iTrip including mono or stereo broadcasting, a general purpose equaliser, auto play and SmartSense technology. The latter detects whether the volume of your iPod is too high and adjusts it accordingly to keep your music playing without any distortion. Of course, you can still control the volume level yourself using the iPod nano click wheel.
Overall, the iTrip for nano is an excellent option if you are looking for an FM transmitter that is easy to use and doesn't add much bulk to an already ultra compact iPod nano.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- FCC: A range of net neutrality options remain on the table
- Pirate Bay co-founder sentenced to 3.5 years imprisonment in Denmark
- Google to kill off SSL 3.0 in Chrome 40
- BlackBerry upgrades BBM with timed messages
- Facebook sets up shop on the Tor anonymity network
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW