GSP Software Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition
- Intuitive interface, Web clipper
- Too pricey for a casual user
When you have exhausted the usefulness of pen, paper or traditional software, Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition is a specialist package that's the perfect solution for keeping track of your ancestors. It's ideal for genealogy buffs, but a bit too complex, not to mention expensive, if you just want to keep track of your immediate family.
Price$ 136.26 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
With clairvoyants who say you were a great knight in the past, the interest in tracing your roots would be a lot more fascinating. Where once you would have had to store all the information, documents and photos in unwieldy spreadsheets or documents at best, or shoeboxes in the garage at worst, now software titles such as Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition provide you with a simple way to store and track all that precious data.
Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition is the latest addition to this range of best selling family-history software packages. It gives you an easy way of storing all the family history information in a logical, electronic, editable tree and links are given to a three-month trial subscription to Ancestry, so you can look up facts on your family's past.
This version of Family Tree Maker has a fresh, intuitive interface, as well as a host of new features. The Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition now recognises the importance of the Internet in tracking down your past, and the Web clipper allows you to merge online data into your family tree.
There are also timelines, which can highlight important personal, family or even historical events that occurred during your ancestors' lives. As well as locating when things happened, new interactive maps and lists allow you to show where events happened, and to associate people and events with particular places.
As you research your family history, you will probably find a whole host of photos and potentially other media files, so Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition also has the facility to attach these files to different people in your family, and to use them in charts or reports.
Once you have completed your tree, or a branch of your tree, you can create charts and tables to display all the information, and using Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition you can print these out and share them with the rest of your family.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW