GSP Software Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition
- Intuitive interface, Web clipper
- Too pricey for a casual user
When you have exhausted the usefulness of pen, paper or traditional software, Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition is a specialist package that's the perfect solution for keeping track of your ancestors. It's ideal for genealogy buffs, but a bit too complex, not to mention expensive, if you just want to keep track of your immediate family.
Price$ 136.26 (AUD)
With clairvoyants who say you were a great knight in the past, the interest in tracing your roots would be a lot more fascinating. Where once you would have had to store all the information, documents and photos in unwieldy spreadsheets or documents at best, or shoeboxes in the garage at worst, now software titles such as Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition provide you with a simple way to store and track all that precious data.
Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition is the latest addition to this range of best selling family-history software packages. It gives you an easy way of storing all the family history information in a logical, electronic, editable tree and links are given to a three-month trial subscription to Ancestry, so you can look up facts on your family's past.
This version of Family Tree Maker has a fresh, intuitive interface, as well as a host of new features. The Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition now recognises the importance of the Internet in tracking down your past, and the Web clipper allows you to merge online data into your family tree.
There are also timelines, which can highlight important personal, family or even historical events that occurred during your ancestors' lives. As well as locating when things happened, new interactive maps and lists allow you to show where events happened, and to associate people and events with particular places.
As you research your family history, you will probably find a whole host of photos and potentially other media files, so Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition also has the facility to attach these files to different people in your family, and to use them in charts or reports.
Once you have completed your tree, or a branch of your tree, you can create charts and tables to display all the information, and using Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition you can print these out and share them with the rest of your family.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- TPAPS6/EL1 Database Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- FTSupport Analyst / Production Support - InformaticaNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD