Harvey Norman Holdings Online Photo Printing
- Great range of sizes, Cheap!
- Horrible signup
If you can stand the signup and want some of the cheapest photographs around, Harvey Norman is the right choice.
Price$ 0.29 (AUD)
Harvey Norman's photo printing service really managed to distinguish itself by offering rock bottom prices for smaller prints, as well as a full online gallery service. This service is similar to Kodak's online sharing system. It allows you to upload and store albums, sharing them with friends and colleagues, and generally get your work out there online.
Their prices are what will really attract people however, offering the lowest cost prints for all the smaller sizes. At a mere $0.29 a copy for standard sized prints, and with larger 6x8 inch shots costing just $0.99 (they can cost upwards of $3.00 at other places), Harvey Norman is definitely the place to go for the budget orientated photographer.
There are an impressive number of print options as well. Whilst not as varied as those offered by FujiFilm, you can get prints stretching from regular 4x6 inches all the way to 20x30 inches, which is as big as we have seen. Now you too can plaster giant versions of yourself around the house for all to see.
Rather than doing the photo processing themselves, Harvey Norman have elected to license out FujiFilm's technology. Unfortunately however, they have added a hefty amount of signup time to the otherwise effortless client. Customers will eventually be greeted with the wonderful FujiFilm web-based photo interface, but not before they have gone through several email correspondences and signed away several years of their life (or so it seems!). We understand that it may be necessary to properly utilise the web-based gallery functions, but for people who just want to print out photographs it is a huge waste of time.
As a result of outsourcing the work, photos can take up to a week to be delivered, although depending on your location it may be sooner. The cost is a meagre $2.50.
We found Harvey Norman's image quality to be excellent. They produced the liveliest shots, with bright colours and clean edges. Our outdoors prints were sunny, yet accurately shaded. These were the lightest of all our test prints, but we thought they looked the best.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the PC World newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Latest News Articles
- LastPass is scrambling to fix another serious vulnerability
- New Google Home partnerships expand the smart speaker’s footprint in the smart home
- If Google Assistant isn't your thing, you can now talk to Cortana on the lock screen
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- 10 powerful, obscure Windows keyboard shortcuts you should know
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTField Services EngineerWA
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTIT Business Process Analyst x 3 - (government background)NSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- FTAgile CoachACT
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieQLD
- FTInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (Level 2 &3 )NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Digital & agileNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTProcess Documentation AnalystNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCODI DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- FTDocumentation AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTAutomation TesterQLD