Hewlett-Packard Australia L1955
- Dual inputs, quick menu, pivot and height adjustment
- Slight reduction in quality with VGA signal, slight blurring in high-speed scenes
Dual inputs, pivot functionality and height adjustment make the HP L1955 a quality screen at a reasonable price. And a three-year warranty doesn't hurt either.
Price$ 849.00 (AUD)
HP's L1955 is a well-specced 19" TFT monitor suited to any use. The panel runs at 1280 x 1024 pixels; a standard resolution for a 19" model. Weighing 7.5kg, the L1955 is well built, albeit with a slightly blocky appearance. The unit measures 40 x 21 x 57cm, which is about average. The screen face can be tilted and pivoted, while a telescopic base allows for straightforward height adjustment.
The display includes two inputs--both DVI and VGA--and the user can switch between them. This feature is becoming more common on current-generation screens, and it makes them ideal for driving two PCs at once (possibly a primary PC and additional server or router).
The screen features a thin bezel and five buttons on the front panel. The on-screen menu is well designed, easy to use and extremely quick. You're not kept waiting while the display switches from DVI and VGA inputs. The auto-configuration is also zippy and does a reasonable job of configuring the display for general use. We found a few extra changes to brightness and colour settings enhanced the image even more.
There was a slight difference in image quality between the analog and digital inputs, with the DVI connection offering superior definition with light shades. It was noticeable when looking at greyscale image-testing charts, but not during general use.
One elegant feature of the screen is a built-in four-port USB hub. Two connectors are on the rear of the housing, while the other two are on the side for easy access. The screen boasts a wide viewing angle of 176-degrees, but the contrast dropped quickly as we tried to view it from either extreme. In motion testing, the image blurred slightly in high-speed scenes, but it would still be adequate for light gaming or watching DVDs. In fact, the L1955 is a great all-round display at a reasonable price.
The bundled software is straightforward, and HP includes a screen rotation application to drive the pivoting function. A three-year warranty rounds out an already solid feature set.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC