Hewlett-Packard Australia Laserjet 3015
- Simple, effective operation
- No flatbed scanner, poor scanning quality
The LaserJet 3015 is a capable entry-level multifunction laser device for a small business or demanding home. HP has cut a few corners to save cost and desk space, but this won’t be an issue unless you need to scan books or magazines.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
All-in-one or multifunction laser printers are an ideal choice for businesses looking to consolidate hardware purchases or even for homes with school or university students. The HP LaserJet 3015 All-in-One offers a blend of functions for a small office, including printing, faxing, scanning and copying, all rolled into a single device.
The gray and silver LaserJet 3015 stands 45cm tall, with an input paper tray sitting at the bottom beneath the output tray and a well laid out control panel with small screen on the top of the unit. There's no card reader, but this device is primarily aimed at a business market with little use for bells and whistles.
The LaserJet is designed to save office space and offers a small footprint of only 47 x 43 cm. HP has packed a lot of technology into the 3015's 10kg chassis. The input tray has room to store 150 A4 sheets and 10 envelopes, while the output tray can deal with 125 sheets and 15 envelopes. The scanner operates at an optical resolution of 600 x 600dpi, while the print engine can handle up to 600dpi (1200dpi optimized) using HP's photoRET technology. HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e, and PostScript level 2 emulation are all included as standard, and the machine ships with 32 MB of RAM for handling print jobs. It also has the capacity to store up to 110 fax pages in memory, which can be handy if the device runs out of paper overnight or over a holiday.
One potential issue we found with the LaserJet 3015 is the use of an automatic document feeder to load pages into the scanner. It means that you can't use the device to photocopy pages from books or magazines, but it helps keep the cost and physical size of the machine in check.
The LaserJet 3015 is compatible with all versions of Windows from 98SE onwards and Mac OS 9.1 through 10.2. Included in the package is a rich list of software applications to cover scanning, faxing, optical character recognition (OCR), and setup and maintenance tools. In our testing, we recorded a print speed of 14 pages per minute in draft mode after a warmup period of 10 to 12 seconds. Black-and-white copies are reduced to 256 shades of grey, but this is generally no problem for office documents.
The LaserJet 3015 All-in-One is a solid, capable do it all machine suited to either a demanding home or small business, and HP backs it up with a one-year warranty. The scanner has its own limitations, but this shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you need to duplicate pages from magazines or textbooks.
Join the PC World newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- HP offers US$1 billion for Samsung's printer business
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC