Hewlett-Packard Australia OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One
- Wide array of connectivity options, Good design, All round good unit.
- Less than impressive colour scanning,
Whether you're connecting wirelessly to print and scan, or just making copies, the HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One delivers fine quality and excellent paper handling.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
The HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One has all the features of
Priced at the higher end of the scale, the unit offers the following in return for the added investment: wireless networking, a 2.5-inch color LCD, a duplexer, an additional paper tray, and a bigger scanning area. While you can hook the 7410 up to a single PC via its USB port or plug it into the office ethernet, the unit's built-in Wi-Fi will makes it appeal most to a workgroup of notebook users who aren't tied to their desks.
Besides providing printing and scanning functions, the 7410 offers stand-alone faxing and a 50-sheet automatic document feeder that makes multipage copying easier. The 7410 can fax in color, and it can hold 150 A4 pages in memory for incoming faxes, in case the paper runs out while you're not there. To print photos without a computer, you can either attach a PictBridge-compatible digital camera to the 7410's direct-print port or slide your camera's memory card into one of four slots, which between them are capable of reading all the major formats. The 7410 doesn't let you read images from a USB flash drive attached to the direct-print port, but you can plug in a Bluetooth adapter that lets you print from suitably equipped phones and PDAs.
The 2.5-inch color LCD is a major improvement over the
The 7210's optional 250-sheet paper tray comes standard with the 7410, giving it a maximum capacity of 400 sheets of plain paper. The duplexer lets you save paper by automatically printing on both sides. While most of the 7410's rivals have letter-size scanning beds, this unit lets you lay down books and documents up to legal size.
Out of the box, the 7410 comes with a pigment-black cartridge designed for high-quality text and a tricolor cartridge. However, you can print with up to six inks by swapping out the pigment black cartridge and substituting a photo color cartridge containing light cyan, light magenta, and a dye-based black. For printing black-and-white photos, HP offers a photo-gray cartridge.
The 7410 is a capable printer, especially when printing black-and-white documents with its pigment ink. We saw nice, dense text with relatively sharp edges. Our challenging line-art test was almost flawless, with just a little horizontal banding that looked more like a wavy watermark. Prints of color graphics weren't quite as good: Images looked a little fuzzy, with slightly dull colors. Using all six inks on glossy paper gave us wonderful photos, with natural-looking skin tones, vivid colors, and superb shadow detail. This isn't the fastest inkjet printer, but results of 6.9 pages per minute for text and 2.1 ppm for graphics do place it above the norm. Our color photo printed on letter-size glossy paper in a speedy 67 seconds.
Our tests showed an excellent result for the 7410's scan of our monochrome-resolution test chart. However, when scanning color photos and text documents more like those it will encounter in everyday use, the unit performed less well. Scan speed was not especially fast, with our 4-by-5-inch color photomontage taking 11 seconds (not including the preview). As a copier, the 7410 was both fast and precise.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia