Hewlett-Packard Australia Pavilion a1370a
- Bundled software, Lightscribe-capable DVD burner
This PC is perfect as an out-of-the-box solution for a family. It comes with Microsoft Works, Encarta and its input peripherals and 19in LCD screen make it a joy to use.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
The Pavilion a1370a may not be the fastest or best-featured system on the market for its price, but it is a nice home PC that is designed for multimedia activities and everyday computing tasks.
Its specifications are decent: it includes a 64-bit Pentium D 930 CPU, which has dual-core technology and is perfect for multitasking. Other key specifications include 1GB RAM, a 160GB hard drive and a LightScribe-capable DVD burner. The hard drive does seem to offer less storage than many PCs in this price range.
In our tests, this drive managed to transfer data at a rate of 17MBps, and in World Bench 5 the Pavilion scored 83, which is a little slower than we expected. It encoded 52 minutes' worth of WAV files into 192Kbps MP3 files in 2min 28sec.
We didn't run any gaming benchmarks on this machine. With a GeForce 6200SE graphics card, which features TurboCache (a technology that uses a portion of system RAM for graphics purposes), the machine is not geared towards any serious gaming, as its 3DMark 2005 score of 1031 illustrates.
What we liked about this PC is its relatively small case and design. It's shorter than a typical mid-tower case and it has a concealable set of connectivity options on the front panel along with a memory card reader, which makes it easy to transfer files from portable devices to your PC.
The LightScribe-capable DVD burner allows you to professionally label any discs you create by simply flipping them over and burning onto the label side.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- Intel doubles down on Project Alloy as the savior of the PC
- With slick Omen PCs, HP makes a splash in high-end gaming
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC