Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+
- Height and pivot options
- Mediocre image quality
The Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ has a bargain price and a graceful design, but we weren't impressed with its image quality.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Priced at $699 when we reviewed it, Hyundai's ImageQuest L90D+ is very inexpensive for a 19" monitor. It comes as a pleasant surprise that this budget model offers height and pivot adjustments--features more common on higher-end monitors. Height adjustment helps users set the screen at a comfortable level, and screen pivot comes in handy for viewing the screen in portrait mode. The L90D+ does not include screen pivoting software, however, such as PivotPro, which would add to the cost of the monitor.
Though the L90D+ includes the adjustment features of a more costly monitor, its image quality is mediocre. Most jurors found text adequate, but not especially crisp, on our text screens. The L90D+ showed pleasing balance in our group photo screen, but the colors of small images on our Web page seemed slightly off. Overall, the L90D+ eked out ratings of Good in both text and graphics.
For the money, the L90D+ delivers better-than-expected design. The silver cabinet and rounded black stand feel secure and well weighted. The contrasting paint and real words on the labels make the simple controls easy to understand. That said, we wish that the membrane buttons had had heavier actuation. We weren't thrilled with the sound from the built-in speakers, but we liked that we could control the volume conveniently from the front of the bezel. Picky listeners may want to use the headphone jack instead. Hyundai includes an audio cable, so you can plug this monitor in and play music without making a trip to the shop.
Join the PC World newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- TPApplication DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Architect - Application Developement and IntegrationQLD
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTWeb User Interface Developer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPSolution ArchitechtSA
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTProject Manager, FinanceNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW