First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Imaginova Starry Night Enthusiast Version 5
When most city slickers leave the city lights and pollution far behind, it's hard for them not to gaze in awe at the sparkling spectacle of the galaxy stretching out across a clear night sky. Like many amateur astronomers, we usually know the stellar basics - such as the Southern Cross and the Milky Way - but without a guide, we are unable to really appreciate the many other, shall we say, "points of interest" overhead. Starry Night Enthusiast is like having your own personal astronomer to assist with a wealth of well presented information, plus some fantastic features.
Not only can you chart what is happening here and now, but times and dates can be changed to the past and the future, so you can witness major astral events, such as the journey of Halley's Comet. A few more clicks, and you can travel through virtual space to where the comet is now.
If you hover the cursor over an astronomical object, a detailed description appears; plus, you can easily centre, magnify or journey to the object of interest. There are also tools to rotate and change your viewpoint. To get started, I recommend typing in an object or constellation in the find field, or just set the time to the night sky for the evening you wish to view. Best of all - we have a copy of the previous version on this month's cover CD, free for you to try!
Latest News Articles
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.