Innoheim liteCAM 2.2
- Easy to set up
- Can't record the movements of a mouse cursor, only saves files in AVI format
liteCAM is an intuitive screen-capture tool, albeit one that can't capture cursor movements.
Price$ 19.00 (AUD)
liteCAM 2.2 captures video footage from your screen and outputs it to a compact AVI file.
You can save only to AVI files and will need a separate program to share files in formats such as MPEG or WMV. But AVI means quality—to our eyes, liteCAM videos are indistinguishable from "live action".
On booting liteCAM, the program offers automatic hardware acceleration. This seems like overkill—liteCAM is no resource hog. And even on our creaky 192MB RAM test machine (technically outside the system requirements), liteCAM ran smoothly.
The hand-holding continues: liteCAM checks your system and automatically sets up audio capture. It couldn't be any simpler; liteCAM comes with contextual help and a PDF brochure.
You can customise video resolution and even frames per second. Audio options include mono, stereo or silence, bitrate (8- or 16-bits) and sampling ratio—from 8KHz for 48KHz. Optional compression prevents volume changes. There's also a timed recording option.
Law permitting, you can capture anything you can see on your PC: streamed movies and TV broadcasts, and training walk-throughs. Unfortunately for the latter, we couldn't record our cursor. Innoheim told us that in May it is launching a business-specific tool that will do exactly this, so watch this space.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's new Paint 3D app drags physical objects into digital worlds
- Buggy Windows 7 cumulative update? Just tell us, says Microsoft
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Successful launch for second NBN satellite
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- FTIT Operations Manager / IT Business ManagerVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia