Innoheim liteCAM 2.2
- Easy to set up
- Can't record the movements of a mouse cursor, only saves files in AVI format
liteCAM is an intuitive screen-capture tool, albeit one that can't capture cursor movements.
Price$ 19.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
liteCAM 2.2 captures video footage from your screen and outputs it to a compact AVI file.
You can save only to AVI files and will need a separate program to share files in formats such as MPEG or WMV. But AVI means quality—to our eyes, liteCAM videos are indistinguishable from "live action".
On booting liteCAM, the program offers automatic hardware acceleration. This seems like overkill—liteCAM is no resource hog. And even on our creaky 192MB RAM test machine (technically outside the system requirements), liteCAM ran smoothly.
The hand-holding continues: liteCAM checks your system and automatically sets up audio capture. It couldn't be any simpler; liteCAM comes with contextual help and a PDF brochure.
You can customise video resolution and even frames per second. Audio options include mono, stereo or silence, bitrate (8- or 16-bits) and sampling ratio—from 8KHz for 48KHz. Optional compression prevents volume changes. There's also a timed recording option.
Law permitting, you can capture anything you can see on your PC: streamed movies and TV broadcasts, and training walk-throughs. Unfortunately for the latter, we couldn't record our cursor. Innoheim told us that in May it is launching a business-specific tool that will do exactly this, so watch this space.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW