Innoheim liteCAM 2.2
- Easy to set up
- Can't record the movements of a mouse cursor, only saves files in AVI format
liteCAM is an intuitive screen-capture tool, albeit one that can't capture cursor movements.
Price$ 19.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
liteCAM 2.2 captures video footage from your screen and outputs it to a compact AVI file.
You can save only to AVI files and will need a separate program to share files in formats such as MPEG or WMV. But AVI means quality—to our eyes, liteCAM videos are indistinguishable from "live action".
On booting liteCAM, the program offers automatic hardware acceleration. This seems like overkill—liteCAM is no resource hog. And even on our creaky 192MB RAM test machine (technically outside the system requirements), liteCAM ran smoothly.
The hand-holding continues: liteCAM checks your system and automatically sets up audio capture. It couldn't be any simpler; liteCAM comes with contextual help and a PDF brochure.
You can customise video resolution and even frames per second. Audio options include mono, stereo or silence, bitrate (8- or 16-bits) and sampling ratio—from 8KHz for 48KHz. Optional compression prevents volume changes. There's also a timed recording option.
Law permitting, you can capture anything you can see on your PC: streamed movies and TV broadcasts, and training walk-throughs. Unfortunately for the latter, we couldn't record our cursor. Innoheim told us that in May it is launching a business-specific tool that will do exactly this, so watch this space.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A lawsuit over an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade just cost Microsoft $10,000
- Obama, Zuckerberg push better broadband, innovative startups
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
- Pirate website blocking: Court to wrestle with definition of ‘online location’
- Not too late to change NBN’s direction, NBN Co’s first CEO says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW