Innoheim liteCAM 2.2
- Easy to set up
- Can't record the movements of a mouse cursor, only saves files in AVI format
liteCAM is an intuitive screen-capture tool, albeit one that can't capture cursor movements.
Price$ 19.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
liteCAM 2.2 captures video footage from your screen and outputs it to a compact AVI file.
You can save only to AVI files and will need a separate program to share files in formats such as MPEG or WMV. But AVI means quality—to our eyes, liteCAM videos are indistinguishable from "live action".
On booting liteCAM, the program offers automatic hardware acceleration. This seems like overkill—liteCAM is no resource hog. And even on our creaky 192MB RAM test machine (technically outside the system requirements), liteCAM ran smoothly.
The hand-holding continues: liteCAM checks your system and automatically sets up audio capture. It couldn't be any simpler; liteCAM comes with contextual help and a PDF brochure.
You can customise video resolution and even frames per second. Audio options include mono, stereo or silence, bitrate (8- or 16-bits) and sampling ratio—from 8KHz for 48KHz. Optional compression prevents volume changes. There's also a timed recording option.
Law permitting, you can capture anything you can see on your PC: streamed movies and TV broadcasts, and training walk-throughs. Unfortunately for the latter, we couldn't record our cursor. Innoheim told us that in May it is launching a business-specific tool that will do exactly this, so watch this space.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW