Insofta Development Document Backup
Insofta Document Backup makes the backup process as simple as possible
- Encryption, professional appearance, scheduling
- No preconfigured filters and filter sets
We were impressed with Insofta Document Backup, although the lack of plain-file backup may render it less than a perfect fit for some.
Price$ 36.95 (AUD)
Insofta Document Backup is basic in name as well as concept, making the backup process as simple as possible.
The program is professional in appearance, which will make neophytes and experienced users alike feel good about it. Insofta Document Backup steps you through the process of creating backup jobs, and will even stick an icon for the job you just created on the desktop.
Insofta Document Backup uses the Windows Volume Shadow Service to back up locked files, and can store its zip files to Blu-ray Disc and DVD as well as local, network and FTP destinations. It doesn't keep revisions of individual files, but can store each new backup in a dated folder if you so desire. The program performs full backups to an existing archive, as well as incremental and differential backups to an existing archive.
Encryption and scheduling are also available. In fact, Insofta Document Backup is the only program we know that offers the option to skip compressing already-compressed file types such as jpegs to save time during the backup. To be fair, some other programs may be doing this automatically.
One thing we'd like to see added to Insofta Document Backup are preconfigured filters and filter sets, such as *.doc or Word Processing Documents (*.doc, *.docx, *.wpd, *.txt, etc.). For now you must add these manually, which doesn't fit with the program's easy-to-use philosophy. The other thing we miss is plain-file backup - even if you select no compression, files are still zipped up.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW