Insofta Development Document Backup
Insofta Document Backup makes the backup process as simple as possible
- Encryption, professional appearance, scheduling
- No preconfigured filters and filter sets
We were impressed with Insofta Document Backup, although the lack of plain-file backup may render it less than a perfect fit for some.
Price$ 36.95 (AUD)
Insofta Document Backup is basic in name as well as concept, making the backup process as simple as possible.
The program is professional in appearance, which will make neophytes and experienced users alike feel good about it. Insofta Document Backup steps you through the process of creating backup jobs, and will even stick an icon for the job you just created on the desktop.
Insofta Document Backup uses the Windows Volume Shadow Service to back up locked files, and can store its zip files to Blu-ray Disc and DVD as well as local, network and FTP destinations. It doesn't keep revisions of individual files, but can store each new backup in a dated folder if you so desire. The program performs full backups to an existing archive, as well as incremental and differential backups to an existing archive.
Encryption and scheduling are also available. In fact, Insofta Document Backup is the only program we know that offers the option to skip compressing already-compressed file types such as jpegs to save time during the backup. To be fair, some other programs may be doing this automatically.
One thing we'd like to see added to Insofta Document Backup are preconfigured filters and filter sets, such as *.doc or Word Processing Documents (*.doc, *.docx, *.wpd, *.txt, etc.). For now you must add these manually, which doesn't fit with the program's easy-to-use philosophy. The other thing we miss is plain-file backup - even if you select no compression, files are still zipped up.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Apple's Siri-powered Amazon Echo rival reportedly hits the prototype phase
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA