IOBit Advanced WindowsCare
More than a Registry cleaner.
- Poor presentation of scanning results
Like RegSeeker, we'd recommend Advanced WindowsCare only to advanced users.
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
Advanced WindowsCare is a free software application that comes with other tools besides a Registry cleaner.
For instance, Advanced WindowsCare claims to deter and remove spyware, optimise your PC, manage your Startup items, and remove junk files. I focused only on the tool's Registry skills, and didn't try any of those other components.
Though Advanced WindowsCare found 323 Registry issues, about the same number as jv16 PowerTools picked up, its presentation of the scanning results was pitiful. Unlike other tools that supplied detailed information about each problem, a choice of fixes, or a way to open the Registry to see the actual entry, Advanced WindowsCare just showed me a list.
Advanced WindowsCare uses a minimalist approach: each item sports a cautionary orange or red symbol (with no legend), the Registry key location and value, and an error description (obsolete software key or missing MUI reference, for instance). And rather than providing a built-in backup module, Advanced WindowsCare simply offered a menu item that brought me to Windows System Restore.
One more issue: you'll need to pay attention when you install Advanced WindowsCare's free scanner, unless you clear the check boxes, it will add the Yahoo Toolbar to your system and make Yahoo your web browser's home page.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
- Chinese $1.2B deal for Opera crumples
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1060 is a budget GTX 980 killer
- NBN raids: Conroy calls for end to ‘ludicrous’ AFP investigation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT