Iomega External Hard Drive 120GB
- Solid enclosure, fast transfer rate
- Not the cheapest 120 GB external hard drive available
An easy-to-use and durable portable external storage solution.
Price$ 259.00 (AUD)
Recognising the need for ever more storage in PCs, Iomega has released a series of external USB 2.0 hard drives, ranging in size from 60GB to 400GB. We tested the 120GB version on a machine running Windows XP, although the drive also works with other operating systems, including Mac OS and Linux.
The 120GB version comes in a heavy duty, matte-finished metal case weighing in at 1.1kg.
Connecting the hard drive is as easy as plugging in the mains power cable and hooking it up to a free USB port. This drive is compatible with both USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports, although for moving large amounts of data, a computer that supports USB 2.0 is recommended.
The theoretical burst speed of USB 2.0 is 480Mbps, although USB 2.0 devices are rarely able to sustain this speed. Through a series of large file transfer tests, we concluded that this drive is capable of a respectable sustained transfer rate of 23MB per second.
Iomega's Automatic Backup software, Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 and Musicmatch Jukebox are included with the drive. The backup software, in particular, is quite handy.
Iomega's hard drive range is well worth looking into. The price is reasonable, and for people not technically inclined, this drive provides an easy to use, plug'n'play interface.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- Intel will provide early access to fast Optane SSDs via the cloud
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- WD's new external drive is the first self-contained, fully portable Plex media server
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC