Iomega External Hard Drive 120GB
- Solid enclosure, fast transfer rate
- Not the cheapest 120 GB external hard drive available
An easy-to-use and durable portable external storage solution.
Price$ 259.00 (AUD)
Recognising the need for ever more storage in PCs, Iomega has released a series of external USB 2.0 hard drives, ranging in size from 60GB to 400GB. We tested the 120GB version on a machine running Windows XP, although the drive also works with other operating systems, including Mac OS and Linux.
The 120GB version comes in a heavy duty, matte-finished metal case weighing in at 1.1kg.
Connecting the hard drive is as easy as plugging in the mains power cable and hooking it up to a free USB port. This drive is compatible with both USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports, although for moving large amounts of data, a computer that supports USB 2.0 is recommended.
The theoretical burst speed of USB 2.0 is 480Mbps, although USB 2.0 devices are rarely able to sustain this speed. Through a series of large file transfer tests, we concluded that this drive is capable of a respectable sustained transfer rate of 23MB per second.
Iomega's Automatic Backup software, Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 and Musicmatch Jukebox are included with the drive. The backup software, in particular, is quite handy.
Iomega's hard drive range is well worth looking into. The price is reasonable, and for people not technically inclined, this drive provides an easy to use, plug'n'play interface.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Google Earth VR lets you explore our beautiful planet on the HTC Vive
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk Support (CISCO)QLD
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)ACT
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD