First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
IronKey Personal S200 Flash Drive
This secure flash drive uses hardware encryption, eliminating the need to run software and put your data at potential risk
- Portable software, hardware encryption
- Requires software for password entry
The IronKey Personal S200 is possibly the slickest combination of software- and hardware-based security in the flash drive market. A stylish and exceptionally well-conceived security product.
Price$ 168.85 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
The IronKey Personal S200 is possibly the slickest combination of software- and hardware-based security in the flash drive market. Though you log on via software, the S200 uses hardware encryption so there's no software running on your PC that can be hacked to intercept data. It's also stylishly rendered in brushed silver metal, rugged, and easy to use.
The Personal S200 uses a small CD-emulation partition to store and auto-run its control panel, which is used to log on and administer the drive. The control panel is portable, so no installation is required and it can run on Windows, the Mac, and Linux. It's nicely laid out, easy to learn and you may add icons to it for any portable apps you load onto the data partition.
You may enter the password via a randomisable onscreen keyboard to foil key-loggers if the situation demands. One flourish I particularly enjoyed was that that actual data partition remains hidden until you've entered the correct password. You may also log on in read-only mode.
IronKey couples the Personal S200 with an online account at my.ironkey.com, which is secured with a password, questions, and an image or 45 user-defined phrase combination. There you may back up and retrieve your device password, and any passwords stored in the included Identity Manager password management software that makes it easier to employ complex passwords online. If you log onto the Web portal using anything other than the portable Firefox browser shipped on the IronKey, then you must then enter a code emailed to you after you enter your user name and password. Nice.
If you're not looking for a drive with biometrics, such as the Imation Defender F200, or one with a keypad, such as Lok-It, then the IronKey is a stylish and exceptionally well-conceived flash drive security product.
Latest News Articles
- Digital certificate breach at Indian authority also targeted Yahoo domains, possibly others
- Germany asks US intelligence chief in country to leave over spying affair
- Nadella on Microsoft's culture change: 'Nothing is off the table'
- EU questions Facebook competitors over WhatsApp deal
- LinkedIn tries again to keep people connected, with a redesigned app
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 Nokia’s flagship Lumia 930 on sale 11 July in Australia
- 5 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »
- FTRelationship/Partnerships ManagerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Engineer - RightFaxVIC
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTHead of Service ExperienceNZ
- FTTechnology Development DirectorNZ
- CCeFinance Change ManagerNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTService Operations DirectorNZ