- Dog tag design, good volume levels, easy operation and pairing
- Slight delay when handling calls and music, incoming voice could be clearer
The BT3030 does a solid job at wirelessly handling calls and music, and also commands a respectable asking price.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Resembling a fashionable dog tag rather than a Bluetooth stereo remote and handsfree device, Jabra's BT3030 certainly lays claim to the mobile phone market appealing to the fashion oriented.
The BT3030 is a device that wirelessly handles both your calls and music playback using Bluetooth. The design is a small pendant shape, consisting of an etched silver front and rear with black, rubber edging. A beaded-style stainless steel necklace means the BT3030 can be worn around your neck.
Pairing the unit to your phone is a simple process; the BT3030 automatically enters pairing mode when it is powered on by pressing the call handling button. Operation is very straightforward; a play/pause button and previous/next track keys handle your music and any incoming calls can be answered by pressing the call button. If an incoming call is made while you are listening to music, the BT3030 automatically pauses the current track and then resumes once the call is ended. There is a few seconds delay in this regard though -- both when answering and ending any calls.
Call quality is notable but not outstanding, though volume is more than loud enough at its highest setting. Our callers didn't complain about not being able to hear us, despite the microphone being a fair way from your mouth if the BT3030 is worn as a necklace. The clarity of incoming voice could be improved though -- at times it sounded distant and echoed.
The included headphones are solid for music playback, but the best feature of the BT3030 is the 3.5mm headphone jack, meaning any regular pair of headphones can be used with the unit. As with call handling, there is a slight delay when skipping tracks and adjusting volume.
Jabra claims the BT3030 provides up to eight hours talk time and seven hours music playback in addition to 230 hours standby time. The unit is charged via a standard mini-USB connection and an AC adapter is included in the sales package.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
- Moto Mods for the Moto Z won't be cheap, with costs ranging from US$69 to US$299
- Report: NFC tap-to-pay coming soon to Windows 10 Mobile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW