- Dog tag design, good volume levels, easy operation and pairing
- Slight delay when handling calls and music, incoming voice could be clearer
The BT3030 does a solid job at wirelessly handling calls and music, and also commands a respectable asking price.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Resembling a fashionable dog tag rather than a Bluetooth stereo remote and handsfree device, Jabra's BT3030 certainly lays claim to the mobile phone market appealing to the fashion oriented.
The BT3030 is a device that wirelessly handles both your calls and music playback using Bluetooth. The design is a small pendant shape, consisting of an etched silver front and rear with black, rubber edging. A beaded-style stainless steel necklace means the BT3030 can be worn around your neck.
Pairing the unit to your phone is a simple process; the BT3030 automatically enters pairing mode when it is powered on by pressing the call handling button. Operation is very straightforward; a play/pause button and previous/next track keys handle your music and any incoming calls can be answered by pressing the call button. If an incoming call is made while you are listening to music, the BT3030 automatically pauses the current track and then resumes once the call is ended. There is a few seconds delay in this regard though -- both when answering and ending any calls.
Call quality is notable but not outstanding, though volume is more than loud enough at its highest setting. Our callers didn't complain about not being able to hear us, despite the microphone being a fair way from your mouth if the BT3030 is worn as a necklace. The clarity of incoming voice could be improved though -- at times it sounded distant and echoed.
The included headphones are solid for music playback, but the best feature of the BT3030 is the 3.5mm headphone jack, meaning any regular pair of headphones can be used with the unit. As with call handling, there is a slight delay when skipping tracks and adjusting volume.
Jabra claims the BT3030 provides up to eight hours talk time and seven hours music playback in addition to 230 hours standby time. The unit is charged via a standard mini-USB connection and an AC adapter is included in the sales package.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Latest News Articles
- HTC is reportedly releasing a new U phone that makes better use of its bezels
- Apple wins China patent battle over iPhone 6 design
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTProject AnalystACT
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTProject Co-OrdinaterNSW
- TPFrontend Developer (React)NSW
- FTSenior Automation Test AnalystNSW
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTMid level Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb BA LeadQLD
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD