Jabra SP200 Bluetooth speakerphone
If you're looking for a simple and inexpensive Bluetooth speakerphone, the SP200 is one of the best on the market.
- Simple to operate, large volume dial, sun visor clip, good audio quality and voice performance
- No advanced features, feels cheap
Jabra's SP200 is a no-frills Bluetooth speakerphone that does the basics and does them well. Don't let the plastic build fool you –- this is a simple and easy to use speakerphone that's good value for money.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
A Bluetooth speakerphone with a basic yet effective design, Jabra's SP200 certainly isn't exciting, nor is it overly attractive. But if you're looking for a simple and inexpensive speakerphone, the SP200 is one of the best on the market.
The Jabra SP200 Bluetooth speakerphone is a cheaper version of the company's premium SP700 model. It sports the same curved design, but the SP200 uses a less attractive plastic finish and feels cheaper (which it is). The redesigned volume control is an odd-looking, large wheel on the front of the SP200. Its size makes it effortless to use, and it is one of the SP200's best features.
The Jabra SP200 attaches to a car sun visor by using the included clip, but it can also sit on a desk for office use. Using this device is simple — once it's paired with your phone, you simply tap the large, round call button to answer or end calls, and rotate the dial to adjust volume. You can also hold down the call button to activate other functions, such as rejecting incoming calls, activating voice dialling (provided your phone supports this), and muting outgoing audio.
The Jabra SP200 lacks some advanced features like an FM transmitter and caller ID functions, but its performance on the whole is satisfying. At this price, outgoing audio is particularly impressive — Jabra claims the speakerphone uses DSP noise reduction and echo cancellation. We were able to hold a relatively clear conversation in most instances, though when the the driver's window was wound all the way down wind noise hindered communication. Incoming audio is loud and quite clear, though voices often sound rather hollow. Thankfully, the speakerphone's maximum volume is sufficiently loud, even when there's background noise.
Jabra bundles the SP200 with an in-car charger as well as a USB cable. The SP200 has a standard micro-USB connection and Jabra claims up to 10 hours of talk time can be achieved off a full charge.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- Galaxy Note7 battery woes continue as company investigates phones that are running too hot
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- Google Pixel image leaked, revealing new home screen and rounded icons
- iOS 10 slower off the uptake mark
- Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW