Listen to calls through your car's audio system
- Slimline design, FM transmitter, ease of use, night driving mode, text-to-speech
- Won’t announce callers' names, incoming audio could be louder through the unit's speaker
The SP700’s FM transmitter is a great feature, and the fact that you can also stream audio from your mobile through your car audio system is a nice touch. This is Jabra’s best speakerphone yet.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
Featuring a built-in FM transmitter allowing users to hear phone calls through their car audio system, Jabra's SP700 is a versatile Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone.
The design of the SP700 is derived from the SP5050; it's similar in both appearance and function. This unit is primarily designed for in-car use, but can also be used at home or in the office — the attached sun-visor clip conveniently doubles as a small desk stand. The unit itself is sleek and slim; when clipped to your sun visor, the compact design won't intrude on the cabin of your vehicle.
Pairing is a simple process — holding down the power button for five seconds puts the SP700 in pairing mode, denoted by a flashing red and blue indicator light.
Once connected, operation is simple. The unit only has three buttons: a large answer/end call button, volume control on the right and an FM transmitter button on the left. A small display sits at the top of the unit and features different coloured LEDs to inform you of power, Bluetooth connection, call status and FM transmission. Activating 'night driving mode' dims the LEDs to reduce the likelihood of a driver being distracted.
The unit automatically goes into pairing mode when switched on, so synchronising with any Bluetooth compatible phone is quick and hassle-free. The SP700 can pair with up to eight phones and it remembers each phone, so there is no need to do anything after the original pairing besides power the unit on.
The major additions to this model are text-to-speech and FM transmission. The former means the SP700 'talks' to you during its operation. It tells you information such as 'power off', 'connected' and the number of an incoming call (the SP700 has voice announcements in 10 languages). Unfortunately, unlike the Supertooth 3, this unit won't announce the caller's name even if it is stored in your phonebook, nor can you answer calls using just your voice.
The FM transmitter is the best feature of this unit, as it allows you to use your in-car audio system and speakers to make and receive calls. This is a simple process that involves pressing the FM button. The unit will then announce an FM frequency, allowing you to tune your car's audio system. If your phone supports the A2DP Bluetooth profile for audio steaming, you can also play music from your mobile through your car stereo using this feature.
The SP700 produces relatively decent audio quality during calls. We were impressed with both incoming and outgoing audio, although incoming sound isn't as loud as we'd have liked — but you can eliminate this issue by using the FM transmission function. Jabra claims the device uses advanced DSP noise reduction and cancellation; we were impressed with the audio quality even while our window was open.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
- HMD's new Nokia 3310 turns back the clock -- and turns heads
- Huawei showcases new phones in Barcelona, gets mobbed by eager crowds
- Nostalgia rules as classic phone brands come alive at MWC
- Huawei's P10 camera-phone comes in more colors than the rainbow
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- CCTest LeadQLD
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCSolution Architect - VMwareVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW